PDA

View Full Version : A Poem for all you sufferers

dave316
25-09-06, 23:55
Everywhere in the world someone somewhere is sufferin with panic
Whether black, white, asian, mixed race, indian or hispanic
No words can describe the dreaded fear when your heart starts to flutter
You can't think straight, words come out incoherently, we don't talk but we mutter
Its that adrenaline rush rising from your veins to your brain, that hot flush that comes over ya
And its all the same whether your problem is hypochondria, general anxiety or social phobia
There are always people around the world with their cures, they look to us due 2 our vulnerability
Theyre there simply to make money off someone elses weakness, whilst we want rid of anxiety
No More panic has proved 2 be the strongest of glues as it enables us sufferers to stick together
With just one ambition in mind, to strive for that moment in time when we are rid of this forever
For fear can be self controlled, we just need to find it, it's our goal, we long to stop the pattern
Of feeling scared, its an seemingly everyday battle, i feel like dropkickin this thing to saturn
Friends stay safe all the way through this hard time, remain positive and keep the faith
We are now stronger people for suffering with this affliction. stronger people in every way
They'll come a day in the future where we look to the past with a smile, yeah we won the fight
But until that time guys and girls, stand proud all the while, one day we all reach the light

Southern_Belle
26-09-06, 00:58
Loved it Dave, thanks.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

manmoor
26-09-06, 07:58
Dave lovely as always. Your fab you are.

Take Care

Mandyxx

freakle
26-09-06, 13:07
Hi Dave,

You're a great poet! :D Loved your raps too!
Do you do any other sorts of writing, like short stories?

Zoe x

To be pushed is unwillingness, to push yourself is courage

trac67
26-09-06, 13:10
Loved that one :D:D

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

groovygranny
26-09-06, 22:01
Well done Dave:D

...how true

Lotsa Luv
xxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

dazednconfused
26-09-06, 22:16
i have only just come across this site and this poem has literally reduced me to tears - in a good way! although i knew i wasnt alone in this, i still felt alone. thanku for showing me otherwise. every bit of hope can carry us further on our road to recovery. i wish all of you every hope and happiness and i hope that one day i might have something to offer to help someone else.

Jode
26-09-06, 23:06
What a lovely poem.

Ive only recent discovered this site - its brilliant. Its helping me already.

Take care

Jode xxx