PDA

View Full Version : Having a really bad morning

jelly2010
04-05-13, 10:58
Hi guys
I'm not doing so good today. It's a beautiful sunny morning but I woke and within seconds anxiety hit me hard and I had a panic attack.
I'm on week 5 of taking 40mg fluoxetine and I know this is still early days but I feel like I can't go on like this.
Life is passing me by because I'm so low and anxious and it's affecting my marriage.
I guess I need some encouragement
Thanks for reading
J x

Annie0904
04-05-13, 11:11
Hi Mornings are always the worst for me. I get up now as soon as I wake and make myself some breakfast (which I take back to bed) this helps a lot. As you say, 5 weeks is early days but it will get better. Anxiety is an illness and just like any other illness it takes time to recover. Try to stay positive and you will improve soon. :hugs:

Caramel
04-05-13, 12:26
I'm struggling big time with mornings too at the moment xx I've had to take Diazepam for the past 2 just to get me through which I really don't like doing. I've just started taking Fluoxetine, but I'm slowly building up to the full 20mg by using the Cranzac idea that someone posted on here a while ago to try and avoid some of the side effects. However, I also know that this means it will take longer for it to take effect!

You're really not alone jelly - you can do it. :)

OncewasSupergirl
04-05-13, 13:18
Jelly,

You can do this remember what I said, I was exactly the same at your stage but I'm so much better now, mostly normal lol. Order the book I mentioned it will help you understand n offer some reassurance. Anxiety affects all relationships, it is a real test but you will get through it. Is your bloke supportive? Mail me if you want to. Mornings are rubbish for some time I'm afraid but it lessens. I still often feel odd in the morning but I just push myself on now n you all will too. Keep supporting each other x x

jelly2010
04-05-13, 14:13
Thank you all - I'm so grateful for the support. I try and be rational and think ok this will take time but you will feel better soon but as you guys will know, when you feel this low you feel like you will never get out of it. Am so desperate to feel better.

You guys are all so kind. It really helps to know I am not alone.

Supergirl - I ordered the book you recommended so it should be here in a few days.
I think my husband is scared of the way I am feeling - he hasn't really experienced anything like this and I completely understand how he feels. I would be really freaked out if he didn't want to do anything except lie on the sofa and wasn't eating but I've tried to explain to him that I don't WANT to feel this way and I really am trying to get better. He tries 'tough love' which isn't very helpful. Like when I struggle to get out of bed because I've only slept for 2hrs he becomes like a parent and tells me off. I know he's just trying to get me to 'snap out of it' but we all would if it were that simple right?!

Thanks all.
J x

BissaF
04-05-13, 23:05
Hi Jelly,
I have suffered with anxiety for quite a few years now. I have a similar situation to you i think - anxiety that feels unbearable, and out of my control, so much so that it stops me sleeping. It then becomes a vicious circle, because the less you sleep the worse you feel, and the worse you feel the less you sleep. My husband also struggles to understand it, and thinks I should just snap out of it.
However this last episode, a couple of weeks ago, I really tried to be proactive in helping myself, by doing exercise in the early evening such as Zumba. It really helped to get the anxiety/nervousness out of my body, forget about my many worries for just a little while, and concentrate on not falling in a heap for an hour lol! It also helps relax your body for the evening.
I always find mornings are the worst too, and have to keep reminding myself that things will improve during the day.
I have also taken Diazepam when I really needed it, which did help.
Keep reminding yourself that you will feel differently soon, it's only temporary, and your usual calm self will return soon.
Good luck and keep in touch
xx

jelly2010
05-05-13, 10:13
Thanks Bissa.
At the moment it just feels impossible to feel 'normal' again :weep:
I dread going to bed cos I know I'll feel super anxious in the morning.
I really want to get through this and get my life back
J x

becuille
05-05-13, 16:38
Mornings are the worst for me too. But anxiety levels are highest in everyone in the morning. It's something to do with hormone levels. I can't remember the exact medical explanation, but take comfort in knowing that it is perfectly normal that if anyone's anxiety levels are higher in the mornings, then someone with anxiety issues will find that even more so, and someone on meds where the initial side effects cause anxiety will find it even, even more so :D

Hang in there. Try not to dread going to bed because getting a good night's sleep will help you to feel better. Take it in baby steps. When you're going to bed, try to only focus on how nice it will be to curl up under the covers and drift off. Tomorrow is a whole other day at that point. You could maybe try to do some meditation before bed, that can be helpful.

nomorepanic
05-05-13, 16:55
I dread going to bed cos I know I'll feel super anxious in the morning.

Try not to be negative when you go to bed. I know it isn't easy but try to say positive things like "tomorrow I will wake up and I will feel fantastic".

If you go to bed knowing that you will feel rubbish in the morning I guarantee you will.

Worth trying anyway.

jelly2010
05-05-13, 17:58
Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions. This forum has been a life saver to me - so valuable to know you aren't alone in this anxiety hell.
Wishing you all the best
J x

Caramel
05-05-13, 18:31
Hey Jelly, how are you doing now? x

jelly2010
05-05-13, 18:59
Hi Caramel,
I'm feeling a little calmer this evening thank you. Yesterday and this morning were awful but I'm trying very hard to relax! Have just managed to eat a little something for the first time since fri so I'm sure that'll help.

How are you doing?
J x

Caramel
06-05-13, 11:37
Hey Jellie, very much like you - I'm glad you're having some calm moments too. At the moment I'm just trying to enjoy those moments when they come & just ride out the rest of it. Hopefully the Fluoxetine wil make us both feel much better soon xxx Honestly, the things we put ourselves through to try and get better! :wacko:

jelly2010
06-05-13, 13:28
I know Caramel - it's such a difficult thing to deal with. I feel so relieved at the calmer moments then devastated when the anxiety comes rushing back.
I hope that the calm outweighs the horrible moments for you very soon.
J x

Janine
06-05-13, 20:18
Jelly, the Five week mark can be really bad, just hang in there, you exactly described how I was at that stage just sitting on the sofa, not eating and so full of anxiety, a week later though I felt so much better and that carried on, it is so slow to work and you go through such hell at times and by the time you get to this point you think you should be getting better, you just need to persevere for a little longer. Your husband is probably like mine and not used to seeing you like this an they do not know what to do to really help, mine was a rock but it is hard for them.

Like Super said mornings are difficult for a long time but you deal with as you start to feel better, I found them difficult for a few months and still do at times.

xx

jelly2010
06-05-13, 20:28
Thanks so much Janine - that's really helpful to hear. GP's in general seem to think they should work much quicker so it makes you start to think they aren't working for you and why go through this hell if they aren't?! I'm so glad I found this forum to read other people's experiences.

Yes I feel terrible for my husband - I know he finds it scary and he just wants the old J back. Hopefully I'll be 'back' soon!

Thanks so much for your message. Hope you are doing well. How long have you been taking them now?
J x

OncewasSupergirl
06-05-13, 21:17
Jelly and Caramel,

The fact you are both having calm moments is a good sign! Hang in there, it will improve, I can't really add anymore than what Janine said , it takes time n when you feel like this you just want time to fast forward but it doesn't it seems to go slower! But eventually it will even out n you will feel normal for longer. I feel mostly "normal" but earlier today I had a weird dizzy spell no idea why, they just make me laugh now n I carry on, think I'm so used to feeling funny it doesn't really phase me :) x x

jelly2010
06-05-13, 21:28
Thanks Supergirl - you really have been so supportive.
Can't wait to be at your stage!
J x

Janine
06-05-13, 22:15
You will be soon and you will be the one telling eveyone that it gets better, just take little steps at a time, you are not alone and at least you know that it is normal to feel like this and it is not just you and I know that was such a comfort to me when I was at rock bottom.

xx

jelly2010
06-05-13, 22:31
You guys are seriously so great and kind! I would be going crazy without this forum
J x

chantelle
07-05-13, 10:05
Hi Jelly2010
hope ur feeling more positive today....the good waether helps too. Try to speak positive words going to bed and first thing in the morning. If you keep speaking positive thoughts it sends positive messages to your brain and eventually you will feel more positive. When I am having a bad day I try to rememner that I have had good days too and that I will again.....take care & good luck xxx

jelly2010
07-05-13, 10:16
Thanks Chantelle - that's really sweet.
I will try! Mornings are so difficult at the moment.
Thanks again,
J x

violet12
07-05-13, 13:47
Hi Jelly,
Just wanted to say Im a wreck in the mornings too......!!! They have always been the worst for me. Often the anxiety kicks in before i've even opened my eyes. Its the pits! So I know what you are going through and you are not alone.

I started taking citalapram yesterday, so its really early days for me. Hope I can stick with it this time.

Keep you chin up x