PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

StanBWonderful
04-05-13, 11:11
HI all,

I'm shiny new on the site. About a couple of months ago I started getting a strange sensation in my throat, tightness, difficulty swallowing etc. I freaked out fearing the worst. I went for weeks on my own, not sleeping or eater, in a state of constant fear.

I eventually went to see my doctor and we spoke about anxiety. So, for the past couple of months I've been taking various meds, I just started taking Citalopram. I'm still very anxious and suffering with tightness in my throat and chest. Sleep is still a major issue for me, I can't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep :(

Stan

Annie0904
04-05-13, 11:13
Hi Stan :welcome: I am the same when it comes to sleep and would love to have a few nights were I could sleep all night.

Mark13
04-05-13, 16:40
Glad to have you with us Stan.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

almamatters
04-05-13, 16:42
:welcome: to the site Stan, sure you will find loads of support on here.

flori
04-05-13, 16:55
Hi Stan and :welcome:
I hope your meds start working soon. Your unpleasant symptoms are experienced by many anxiety sufferers,you are not alone and Im sure you will find this site helpful.

MaxieP
04-05-13, 17:53
Hi Stan, I'm quite new to the forum too and find it a great comfort, everyone on here is great and understanding, so welcome on board:)

granny85
05-05-13, 20:24
Sleeping pills for a couple of days will make so much difference to how you feel - good luck xxx

hanj16
05-05-13, 20:33
A big welcome to the site Stan! I'm sure you'll find it a great source of support and comfort :)

Wishing you the very best
Hannah