PDA

View Full Version : I think Crohns has finally caught me...

PhoenixGrey
04-05-13, 16:24
Mum has Crohns...

Three weeks ago my contact lenses started to irritate the hell out of me while I was on antibiotics for something else.

Then I got diarrhoea 8 days ago...

I saw a doctor, she thinks antibiotics are the cause, am waiting on a stool sample result.

However, today I saw an optician and I've got 'allergic conjunctivitis' potentially caused by hayfever/dust/lenses, but it's also a known side effect of having Crohn's disease.

I'm going to arrange to see a doctor this week and demand further investigation.

I just don't want a permanent stoma like my mum, I'm uncomfortable enough about my body as it is.

I'm determined to stay strong, have resigned myself to having this illness now. Just hoping that giving up smoking, and staying strong I can still make the most out of my life and hopefully delay the onset of any serious issues. Stay with me guys, I think I'm going to need you lot in these coming weeks...

nomorepanic
04-05-13, 16:31
I have Crohn's

I have never heard of the eye problems being a side effect though.

I do not have a stoma

Crohn's is not fun but we learn to live with it.

I am sure you will be fine and not have it.

PhoenixGrey
04-05-13, 17:08
Hi Nicola

I know it's a weird one, just the sudden onset of diarrhoea with it is the bit that has me worried. I'm not in pain though which is promising, my mum has reassured me on that. But I'd just like to think that I'm prepared if it is this, and if it's not, that's amazing.

I'm just sick of worrying, I want to accept the possibility.

nomorepanic
04-05-13, 17:16
Anti-biotics casuse diarrhea though so it is most likely to be that if the timings co-incide?

PhoenixGrey
04-05-13, 17:26
I finished the two week course of antibiotics 5 days before the diarrhoea started, and it still doesn't explain the eye infection. D has been continual for 8 days as well.

nomorepanic
04-05-13, 18:03
I hope you get the answers you need and it isn't Crohn's. Let us know.

PhoenixGrey
04-05-13, 18:11
Thank you Nicola, I'll be back to update if anyone cares. Thanks for replying Nicola, I needed just to shout out those thoughts :)

nomorepanic
04-05-13, 18:39
No worries and we do care so please do let us know