PDA

View Full Version : VERY REAL chest pains, mid back pain.

chl_hobbs
04-05-13, 20:00
Hi all

This past week has been hell. The drs at a+e found that my ecg had 'changed'. Apparently I have t wave inversions on lead III...at first they were thinking i had a lung blood clot and did a scan, no clot. They sent me home, still feeling palpitations and slight chest discomfort and 'left me to it'.

Well since Monday, my chest has been feeling tight. Not in one particular spot, but generally in the centre spreading outwards. I keep getting sharp pains in random places in my chest, the sides next to my breasts, in my breasts, in the middle... And as of last night I have a pain in my mid back, ,to the right of my spine. Its also sharp. I feel a bit acidy, but I feel like that often and am on esomeprozole to help.

Ive been back and forth to a+e, my gp, out of hours... they have done bloods (all normal, even did the heart attack enzymes one and d-dimer for clots, also no inflammation etc). Ive had 4 ecgs this week, all have continued to show these t-wave inversions on lead III. The drs arent worried about that (of course I am..!)

I am feeling some general discomfort under my ribs also, and been feeling a bit dizzy. Have had these feelings in my tum for a few weeks now.

Im scared to death that I have something happening with my heart, and that because Ive been to the hospital so many times this year, theyre ignoring me. Today has been hell. These symptoms are so real, and are happening, but I cant tell what's causing them.

Does anyone have any idea?

Please, please, Im so desperate for advice. My partner is getting very frustrated with me, but I am so scared

Charlotte

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

Sorry to make it a bit less 'waffly', symptoms are:

- Sharp pains lasting seconds to minutes in chest. Can be all over, left side, right side, upper back, centre, breasts.... only since Monday and continuing.
- Pain in back - especially in one specific point in mid back to the right of my spine (about 2 inches to the right). It is sharp, and can happen randomly. Since Last Night.
- Feel a bit Short of breath. Drs say I have 100% SATS.
- Feeling sicky a lot. Sore stomach for 2 weeks. Acidic at times.
- Finding it hard to feel comfortable - to lie without feeling stiff or pain.
- Sharp pains are the worst and most scary.
- Am 29, female, had emergency life saving op and ITU admission 18months ago after a gynae surgeon tore my spleen, several readmissions to hospital, ptsd, health anxiety.

countrygirl
04-05-13, 20:19
Have they explained what the abnormality seen on ecg means?? There are alot of harmless abnormalities that sound bad.
If your heart attack enzyme test was negative then your heart is not in any distress which is very reassuring.

I went through something similar to you about 12 years ago. I got sudden stabbing pains in right side of my chest lasting from a few seconds to minutes and on and off for days at a time. I also had all the bloods etc and ecg and told it was musculo/skeletal or inflammation of cartlidge in ribs ( costocondriatis). Since then I have had these types of pains in almost all areas of my chest front and back lasting from a few seconds once a day to lots of times a day for week or two. They are obviously in my case not heart related and are muscular in origin.

It is understandable that your terrible life threatening experience with gyny surgeon should make you super anxious about your health.
The pains could be from you gastric tract. Maybe ask your GP if he could investigate that aspect with say an abdominal ultrasound or a referral to gastic Dr??

chl_hobbs
04-05-13, 21:06
My GP is sending my heart related stuff to a cardiologist at our nearest major heart hospital. I had an echo in Jan (normal apart from Left ventricle on upper limits of normal but apparently they werent worried), a 24 hr ecg (5000 ectopic beats but again, drs didnt care) and now these t wave inversions. At first they panicked and did the lung clot test, now they dont care as much and are saying my ecgs look ok (even with the inversion on that one lead??)

The pains are so sharp, and come on without any warning. They are in the sides of my chest (intermittently each side), tight in top of chest, a slight cough and some acid in my tum.

Am very upset tonight. x

countrygirl
04-05-13, 22:31
Aww poor you I know how horrible it is when your anxiety is sky highas do we all on here!!

Hang onto the fact that they are not worried about your heart. They did their job of checking you don't have a blood clot which was maybe something that could be indicated by your abnormal ecg so thats another box ticked and good.

Has your Dr sent off everything to cardio yet?? If a cardio thought there was anything to worry about they would see your quickly.

CharlieM
04-05-13, 22:54
Charlotte,

I think the fact you have bad so many tests in such a short period of time would give you some comfort.

I am constantly getting horrible sensations in my chest, armpit and arm. Because it is all on the left side, it makes it worse.

I have also had multiple ecgs, bloods And X-rays, etc.

All the experts tell me it is muscular caused by anxiety and related bad posture.

This has been going on for 8 months. When the pains occur, I of course forget what the doctors say, and think the worst. I then panic, which of course makes the physical symptoms worse.

My symptoms and feelings of pain are real, but def not heart related. The hardest thing is remembering this when we are in full panic mode.

I am now looking at other reasons, but I have no lumps, no nausea, no loss of appetite, no headaches, no IBS, no reflux, etc.

Just pain and discomfort in my chest and left armpit.

Please think about what the tests are telling you Nd try and put it down to muscular/anxiety.

Lots of hugs

Charlie