PDA

View Full Version : stopping meds (again!)

Coni
26-09-06, 07:13
Hi everyone,

I stopped taking my lofepramine just over two weeks ago (I gradually reduced them first). Thing is I can feel a gradual return of the symptoms ie feeling low, reduced enjoyment, not wanting to go out etc. Do you think this is just adapting to life without antidepressants and its something I just have to grit my teeth and get through? Or I am just never going to get rid of this depression?

I cant bear the thought of having to take medication just to feel normal and I cant help feeeling its just papering over the cracks.

Does everyone experience this 'low' when stopping meds or should I be feeling great and getting on with things without a backward glance?

Any experiences?

Thanks

Coni X

vernon
26-09-06, 09:31
Hi coni, I reduced my Cipralex from 20mg to 15 about 2 weeks ago and I think I am starting to feel it a bit now specially in the morning, I did cut down like this a few months back and felt terrible, then my son had a bad accident so I upped them again to 20mg. But this time I want to stay on 15 for a couple of months and if all goes well will reduce a little more. All I can say is give it a go and I suppose you will meet a few bad patches along the way. Maybe it’s like when we started them we had a few bad weeks before we felt better. Take Care. Vernon

yorkylover
26-09-06, 13:17
Hi coni,I reduced my citalopram few months back and managed to come of them for three months.My depression returned,anxiety was much worse and the doctor put me back on them [V]I was gutted.But now my depression is much better.Some people just need a help pet.
Take care

Ellen XX

Coni
26-09-06, 20:33
Thanks Vernon and Ellen,

Mornings are bad for me too....Id love to wake looking forward to the day ahead, but I just wish I could hide under the duvet for as long as possible. This is my second go at stopping meds...I was off cipralex for a few months before I started these. I just wish I could stop analysing how I feel all the time....that in itself is starting to drive me mad....if I feel down is it the depression or is it just a 'normal' low that everyone gets. God will I ever feel 'normal' again lol????

take care

Coni X

Jenny
27-09-06, 10:18
I have now come off Sertraline after taking it for the last 2 years. So far so good. I had lots of blood tests last week and they have all come back NORMAL yippeeeeeee !!!!!!!!! I really feel that I am getting somewhere now.

Jenny xxxxxxxxx

Coni
27-09-06, 22:46
Thats brilliant Jenny! Its good to hear when someones doing well!

take care

Coni X