PDA

View Full Version : Do you exercise?

Em.ma
05-05-13, 10:31
I want to start exercising for my general health.
I'm a 8 stone girl but very very unfit. I can't do jumping jacks for 30 seconds without being insanely out of breath to the point I have to lie down. Can only run for ten seconds etc.
My plan is to get up at 5am mon-fri and work out for 15 mins and each week increase by 5 mins until I get to 45 mins a day of cardio.
Now the question I live with my parents ans my room is upstairs and I need some ideas for quite but calorie burning exercises.
Last night when they were asleep I ran on the spot for 15 mins but am terrified to try when they are awake.
I was going to go out today and buy a jump /skipping rope actually but any other ideas. I don't want to go out at 5am in the morning, :( and they wouldn't let me anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 ----------

Also might go out to the shed and see what state my bike is in today :P. if good enough will take it for a ride. I quite fancy that actually :D

MissSunshine
05-05-13, 12:32
I am in the same position as you! I am a 8 stone girl and very unfit, i'm wanting to also tone up. I do not want to do anything too strenuous and want to start of light, quick question why do you have to work out at 5am?

I am thinking of getting a work out dvd, ones that let you move up a level when your ready, would love to keep in touch too! as were in the same position! :)

Em.ma
05-05-13, 13:33
Hi. Has to be at 5am as I leave for work at 6:30. So would get up do exercise for 45 mins. Have breakfast, shower , dress etc and be ready to leave at 6:30.
I was going to get one to. I've done an online one this morning but I'm so out of rhythm I find the moving the arms in time with the legs very difficult etc so I never feel like I'm song anything ! Lol

chloevictoria
05-05-13, 13:41
I am exactly the same pretty much, cardio exercise induces panic attacks for me so if I do any I do yoga or something :) x

Em.ma
05-05-13, 14:05
Hi, checked my push bike it's un usuable.
I tried YouTube videos this morning but I'm so uncoordinated I just can't do cardio except jumping jacks, walking, side stepping, jogging etc.

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

In a panic over what I'd do if I lost my job!

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Changed mind going to my grandmas tonight now haha

sarahsarah
05-05-13, 14:53
Couch to 5k is an excellent plan. Look it up on the NHS website.

I know loads of people who have become runners thanks to this, including my husband who went from no exercise to doing half-marathons within months xx

Edie
05-05-13, 15:21
Cycling is exercise if you can get your bike fixed up, or maybe get yourself a new one. It's good because you can go at your own pace and build up speed gradually. Same with swimming. Maybe you could walk or cycle to work instead of doing a workout. 45 minutes of exercise is a LOT, you probably don't need to do as much as that.