PDA

View Full Version : What could this be?

MissSunshine
05-05-13, 12:00
Hello, I have developed a cold in the past 24 hours so don't know if this is related.

Last night I was on my phone in the dark for about 40 minutes, I put my phone down to go to sleep when suddenly I felt a mucous type foggy feeling in my left eye, the room was pitch black expect from the hall way light, I quickly test my eye to see if I could see the light by covering my right eye and I couldn't seem anything from the left eye. But when covering my left I could see the hall way light with my right eye. It's like a huge black. Circle was in the way of my left eye. I freaked out and quickly got up to switch the light on and I could see perfectly out of my left eye.

I of course panicked to google as I wanted to know what happend and I saw things like strokes which freaked me out an blood clots.. So I switched off the Internet and went to sleep. Today I have woken up with vision in both my eyes but I have a really bad cold. My eyes feel itchy and I have a slight headache.
Every now and then in left hand side of my head I'm getting a cold sensation in my head like someone's pressing my head with something cold its not painful just irritating me because I'm thinking all these bad things :(

I have an option appointment next week any way so il mention in but I just want some reassurance, I'm freaking out it could be something bad.

As I said I've woken with a horrible cold! So maybe that's it.

Xx

Uncertain27
05-05-13, 13:26
I think this is just normal to do with one of your eyes getting tired from looking at a screen in the dark, so when you stop doing it you can't see details for a few minutes. I remember an optical illusion in a book that said something like stare at the black dot with one eye for a minute, then look normally and it seems to have disappeared, which is the same thing.
Also, my dad has actually had mini-strokes, which is what you saw on Google I presume., and it was total blindness in one eye in daylight, not what you're describing. He also had a lot of other symptoms for several months before that, infact he was already having tests for those when he had the eye thing. He is alright now by the way.
Hope this helps. :)

MissSunshine
07-05-13, 18:38
Thank you so much. This reassured me :)