PDA

View Full Version : Hip pain worries (again)

chloevictoria
05-05-13, 13:26
I was doing ok what with all my exam pressures and things coming up this month, only had a few panic attacks here and there..

I posted in January about hip pain that I had which i thought was because of the snow and me 'shuffling' in my ugg boots so it messed up my hip joint. it went away after a few weeks and i forgot about it completely until i felt it gradually again last thursday and it became really bad and then it stopped again. i put some anti-inflammatory cream on it which has helped an awful lot but i'm worried that it's masking the pain :( last time i thought it was the c word and i think it's that again. i'm meant to be revising but instead i keep looking up symptoms and most websites say that it's 'intermittent pain' so it can be mistaken for other things like growing pains. one site said that 'some people report it going away for long periods and then coming back suddenly' which got me in a complete state and i was crying for a good hour or so.

when i look at my hip (it was the same in january) i can see that one side is bigger than the other, but when i feel it it just feels the same on both sides and i can't really pinpoint where the pain is exactly.

rational me is saying that because i had irritable hip when i was younger that maybe it has something to do with that. also due to the warm weather i think i may not have been walking properly in my shoes (which have thick soles like the ugg boots) and because i've been walking lop-sided due to a heavy school bag on my shoulder :blush:

this is driving me bonkers, i'm not asking for medical advice just a bit of reassurance perhaps and if this might have anything to do with anxiety/if anyone else has experienced a similar thing.