PDA

View Full Version : Scared of going blind :((((((((((((((((((

melishaxoxo
05-05-13, 21:49
HI all i am new here. I am 26 years old, female and i live in south africa. For about 3 years i have been having these weird eye sensation only in my left eye.. at first it started with getting crusty around the eyelid every morning then watery.. then swelling.. then pain. Such intense pain and swelling that i look like i got punched in the face. My right eye is fine. So i have been to 3 different eye ophthalmologists who all told me i have allergies, sinuses inflamed and they all gave me eyedrops, eye ointments and antibiotics even, fast forward to 2013 and my eye is still bad, 2 days ago i started getting this dimming vision where my eyes would go dim and then brighten like someone dimmed the lights and brightened it again. It is so scary because i get anxious and panic. Whenever it happens i go straight to bed and put the lights off.. I cannot even control myself when it happens, I possibly could have a heart attack. Also now and then my vision will go black for a second like a blinked but i didnt. SO scary and once or twice ill see a flash. The pain is around my left eye and eyebrow it is so intense that i cant even go get my eyebrows done at a salon because it will hurt. THERE ARE days where there is no pain but the weirdness is still there. I am so scared and im going to make another appointmnt to visit my eye doctor again although im freaked out about what he will find, what if i have some blinding eye disease?? what if ill be living in a world of darkness, i would rather die honeslty because i love writing and blogging, i love nature and colours,etc.. i cant imagine a life in darkness..how scary. I admit i spend alot of hours on the laptop and recently i just cut it down as the dimming vision made me scared as hell... please someone tell me what this could be, if i google my symptoms ill go crazy.

flori
05-05-13, 21:59
Hi and :welcome:
I do hope you find this site helpful. Allergies can cause the eyes to swell, be sore and some of the other symptoms you describe. I have allergies to most animals, dust ,pollen etc. If I come into contact with for instance dog hairs, my eyes would really swell up and be badly irritated and painful.
Have you had allergy tests to see what could be causing the problems.

hanshan
06-05-13, 02:47
Have the new symptoms checked out by a doctor, and get a referral to yet another eye doctor for another opinion if necessary. The new symptoms could be caused by migraine, which is not always painful but can cause vision disturbances of all kinds. You might have allergy and migraine together.

melishaxoxo
06-05-13, 20:39
I have never had allergy tests done but i am surrounded by my dog and he has alot of hair, he also is an indoor dog so im not sure if his hair is what im actually allergic too or is this something else. I have an appointment monday with the eye doctor.

hanshan
07-05-13, 11:09
If you are seeing an eye doctor and the doctor cannot find anything wrong, then allergy tests might be a good choice. I don`t know if there is a good test for migraine, other than its symptoms, but it`s not dangerous to your sight.

Take care - I`m no expert, but loss of eyesight in young people due to acquired causes like trachoma has virtually disappeared in developed parts of the world. If you had an innate problem, it would most likely have been detected by now.