PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please!!

Ammeg
26-09-06, 10:28
hey all!
as many of u know i suffered from anxiety panics and agrophobia for 4 yrs but recently I have been doin so well i actuallly refer to meself as recovered!!! :D
I have decided to start looking for a job BUT i was 16 wen i was diagnosed and have never worked!!!! Therefore I have no experience and no references I can give!!!!! So wots a girl to do!!??? Any ideas anyone???
Gemxxxx

vernon
26-09-06, 11:20
Hi Gem, you are still young so it shouldnt realy be any problem, Start with any job, even if you dont realy like it, just to get some experience. I know there isnt lots of work about even for experienced people. But if you start at the bottom you can only work up, then after you get some experience behind you you can go for a better job? Or even ask at your local job center for some sort of training programme. Take care hope you do well. Vernon

yorkylover
26-09-06, 13:00
How old are you now gemma? I agree with vernon,start anywhere.I do a cleaning job,couple of hours in the evenings.I havent worked during the day for about 3 years.It keeps me sane and keeps me going money wise.Im so pleased you feel better and so positive.Go girl[Yeah!][^][^][^]take care

Ellen XX

Ammeg
26-09-06, 13:28
Hey,
Thankyou both for your replys!! I am 20 Ellen- so young and unexperienced!! I have applied for lots of jobs including pub staff, cleaning, factory and lots more but they have all turned me down due to the fact I have no proper references to give!!!
Thanx
Gemx

manmoor
26-09-06, 15:01
Hey Gemma,

I give you a reference hun no problem cos your a kind considerate young lady and I'd employ you in a flash. I agree with Vernon contact the jobcentre and explain to them and I bet they be able to help you me love. xxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

honeybee3939
26-09-06, 20:01
Hi Gemma,

Vernon is right, a few year ago i hadnt worked for a while, the job centre was great, i told them all about my Agorophobia, i went on a Computer Course, they where other courses i could have taken also. Give them a ring.

Love

Andrea
xxx

bobsy
26-09-06, 20:07
Hi gem

what about maybe trying voluntary work first to get you on the ladder. maybe something you are interested in.

let us know how you get on

good luck

bobsy

tnt808
26-09-06, 21:07
I just wish you all the luck in the world babes. You would be a great employee no matter where you work!

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

clickaway
26-09-06, 23:12
Gemma,

Have you recovered sufficiently to go full time straight away?

Maybe you should seek the same references as a school leaver, but that was so long ago for me I can't remember how that worked!

Has your family or friends got any contacts to give you some kind of job? Once you have held down a job for a while, then references will flow (unless you rob the till LOL)

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Lindalou64
26-09-06, 23:37
hey meg..........................
well i think your a great people person ...ever consider helping out the elderly or handicap..very rewarding job it is... thats what i do besides killing myself cleaning houses.....i just lost my last private care she didnt die just put in nursing home but all my life thats all ive ever known to do and im 42......im thinking you would be great at that .think about it .........good luck hun talk soon.......Linda xxxxxxx[8D]

eeyorelover
27-09-06, 01:20
Hi Gem -
I am having the same problem right now. Want a job, definitely need a job (money!!!!) but have no skills and have been passed over for every job I've applied for so I decided to go back to school. I know that it isn't ideal because I need money NOW and that just isn't going to happen but in the long run maybe it will give my self confidence a boost and I will have skills that will help me land a good job instead of a minimum wage one that I am going to hate - lol
You are alot younger than I so it would be alot easier for you to go back than it is for me. I've been out of school for 20 years and believe me things have sure changed!!! New math has got me in a twist but I am going to do it and if you want to you could too :)
Whatever you do I wish you great success and happiness :)
xxx
Sandy

Ammeg
27-09-06, 10:25
Thankyou all sooo much for the advice!!!
I have tryed the jobcentre- mine is absolutly rubbish I am afraid, they havent offered me any help at all- well unless u count them tellin me to look for a job myself!! lol
Unfortunatly due to my age (20) the volenteer work available to me- I again need references for!!
I am not looking for full time job- just part time and I finished school nearly 5 yrs ago so no1 there will give me a reference!! I think thats wot u mean Ray!! lol!!
Sandy I am sorry to hear ur goin through the same as me- its annoyin isnt it!! we want to work but no1 wants to help!! I am actually studying part time for a degree with the open uni in health and social care but I miss people so much!!!
Mandy. Tina and Linda, thanx so much for ur messages- mayb one of u should start a business and let me work for u!!! lol!!!
Sorry if i sound annoyin and just answerin back with excuses!! lol!! i really do appreciate all ur advice, I have tried them all, just seems no one wants to give a girl a chance!!! all I can do is keep applyin and keep me fingers crossed!!! I just feel so cross that i feel ready to get out there and work and I can't!!
Again thankyou all!!
Any more advice is very very welcome!!
Gemxxx

Lindalou64
27-09-06, 13:53
OH NO MEG DONT TELL MANDY THAT.......LOL........LOL.......

JUST KIDDING..............KEEP ON LOOKING HUN IT WILL COME...............BEST TO YA.........LINDA XXXXXXXX[8D]

Ammeg
04-10-06, 12:31
Just wanted to post and tell u all i feel so rubbish about meself!! Never felt like this b4, even with anxiety and panics i was always possitive but this is like the most negative ive ever been!! I officially feel like a waste of space! Im so fed up!
Sorryx

Lynnann
04-10-06, 12:37
hi

Always difficult when you get turned down for jobs but don't take it too personally! Just a thought, do you have any family friends that would require a cleaner? That way you can get a work reference of them and a character reference of someone else that knows you! Most employers require 2 ref and that would fill that requirement!

Anyway remember tomorrow is a bright new day

Hugs to you

Lynnann

Ammeg
04-10-06, 15:15
Thanx 4 replyin lynn.
Trying to me me usual possitive self, just too fed up- i thought i could finally get a life- shouldnt have been so stupid!

stace81
04-10-06, 15:52
Hey hunni,
Now you try to cheer up something will turn up dont lose your fight!
You are always so upbeat dont like hearing you like this!
You know where i am babe if you need to talk.
Wuvs you loads.
xxxxxxxxxxx

sford

surreylady
05-10-06, 14:49
aww Gemma

Sorry to hear you feel like this, youre always so upbeat and supportive of everyone, you are really a lovely person. Something will come along, you just gotta keep at it hun, dont let this get you down.
I havent worked since I was 19 and I am now 37, mainly due to bringing up my kids, so I imagine it would be difficult for me too.
Keep your chin up, sending you huggles

Mandy xxxxxxxx

positive attitude brings positive results

Ammeg
06-10-06, 13:11
Thankyou all sooo much for ur supprot!! U all been so great!!!
I am feelin a lot better bout meself- mainly thanks to so many kind words of so many lovely people!!
Things may be on the up with the work situation- I wont reveal to much but I have an informal interview next week!!!!
Thankyou all so much again
Sorry for being such a pain!!!
Gemxxxxxxxxxxxx

libbie
06-10-06, 17:39
hiya, what about going to your local kennels and doing dog walking, i know its probably not what you want, but its a start. it gets you out in the fresh air (and rain too!!). and the dogs just need someone to care for them. ive done it myself and it did me lots of good, ended up getting one!
good luck
libbie