PDA

View Full Version : Oversleeping and lack of motivation

chicaplatense1
06-05-13, 01:29
Hi guys,
I have been on citalopram for 7 weeks now, I'm on 20 mg.
This is just background information and my post is not about Citalopram but about my sleeping pattern.
Before I started the medication I was sleeping fine but having bad anxiety and Panic in the day. After starting the meds I started having trouble sleeping but one the side effects wore out I began to sleep well again.
Soon I started having a really hard time getting up in the morning. I didn't feel like doing anything but sleeping, especially if there wasn't anything exciting going on.
Today I was supposed to go to church and I just wanted to keep sleeping. My hubby said that he thinks I had so much anxiety for the last couple of months that now my body is trying to recover by sleeping. He said that I was on overdrive for a long time and now I am finally relaxing and that I should listen to my body and sleep all I want.
I did that today and once I woke up I was anxious. I am worrying about a bunch of things: 1- I worry that I am sleeping because I am depressed, 2- I worry that I am not depressed but that sleeping so much will make me depressed, 3- I worry that I will get too used to sleeping this much and then it will become increasingly harder to get up and do things, 4- I worry that sleeping too much will cause me to loose touch with reality and go insane, 5- I worry that I will become agoraphobic if I spend too much time in my room sleeping, 6- I worry that sleeping is a way to avoid my anxiety and I will become anxious all the time when awake and end up needing to sleep in order not to have anxiety, 7- I worry about being useless.
I went to bed last night at about 11pm and slept until 10am. Got up and talked to the kids and went back to sleep at 11am when my hubby took them to church. I woke up often on but slept pretty solid until 4pm.