PDA

View Full Version : Hungry after eating

lofwyr
06-05-13, 05:10
So, this week, things have gotten wierder for me...and consequntially scarier.

I have posted about some intermittent abdominal pain this past seven months. Then, this week I noticed I am hungry a LOT. Right after I ate a big dinner the past three nights, I feel hunger pangs, like I haven't eaten. It is very unusual for me, and pretty scary when dropped on other symptoms.

Have any of you dealt with this? I should feel stuffed right now, but my stomach is growling. It is aggravating and a bit scary.

aliayna
06-05-13, 06:13
Is there any chance you're pregnant?

(Sorry, I'm new here, I don't know how to see your gender!)

lofwyr
06-05-13, 12:31
No, guy here. If I would pregnant there would be a whole different kind of freak out ;-)

I am worried about it, but not quite so much as before. I searched the forums and found that quite a few people who have anxiety have been through this, so that sort of puts my mind at ease. It ties in well with my other symptoms as well.

Basically, according to many posts, the hunger is caused by an over production of stomach acid. Which totally makes sense at this point.

Anyone else?

flori
06-05-13, 13:27
If you are an anxious person, yes it could be that.
My friend had pain and was always hungry. It was Helicobacter Pylori. It`s very common, not serious, the majority of people don`t have symptoms and don`t even know they have it.

lofwyr
06-05-13, 17:40
Oh, yeah. Definitely an anxious person here. I have more of a GAD with a hypochondriacal focus now and then. Usually what happens to me is that I get anxious about something in life--death of a friend/family member, work issue, family issue, then get a symptom from the anxiety.

Then that symptom becomes a hypochondriac-fest, and this symptom, the hunger, is a new one for me in 42 years, at least 30 of them anxious ones.

Thanks for the input.

lofwyr
08-05-13, 04:18
I posted this in another thread on another forum about the same issue. It is persistent, and thought I would share this experience in case others come looking with similar issues:

Well, a good full meal of barley soup with some lean chicken breast and plenty of water today, and still starving after eating less than an hour ago. I have not felt full since last Saturday when this started.

I read on another anxiety forum that it can be a sign of anxiety, essentially that your stomach is producing too much acid, which sends a signal to your brain in the form of hunger pangs.

Now, I do not have any heartburn, but have decided to try a 14 day regimen of Prilosec OTC to see if that will reduce the stomach acid. I have always prided myself on being a healthy eater, lots of lean protein and fruits and veggies.

Being hungry all the time is not really sending me over the edge anxiety wise, but it is really irritating not being able to feel full and to be "starving" an hour after a meal. It is making it hard to fall asleep, even drinking water is not helping much.