PDA

View Full Version : New here, come for urgent help

aliayna
06-05-13, 06:06
I'm 21, alone at home while the boyfriend is working.

For the past 5 hours I've had a dull, throbbing achey pain in the inner thigh of my left leg.

Is it a blood clot?! My leg doesn't appear to be swollen. I've never had a blood clot before but I've been told they're not good, especially in the thigh!

My heart is beating so fast. I feel like the clot is going to shoot up to my heart and kill me within seconds.

It's around the same place I have a blue lump in my leg. That has been there for as long as I remember, but last year I had a nurse check it when I went in for a pregnancy test (wasn't pregnant) and she told me it wasn't a blood clot but she didn't know what it is. It's never given me trouble before, I was just curious.

And I don't know if this is related, but for the past couple months I've had random pains in my left shoulder/arm. It feels like the same kind of pain in my thigh.

I have not injured my leg or arm at all. I would remember because I'm a wimp!

Thank you so much in advance. :weep:

flori
06-05-13, 09:59
Hi and :welcome:

I wouldn`t worry too much about the lump as it has been there for a while and a nurse has checked it. But for your own peace of mind see your doctor because it is worrying you and it could be leading to unnecessary anxiety problems.

eastofeden
06-05-13, 15:38
I'm 21, alone at home while the boyfriend is working.

For the past 5 hours I've had a dull, throbbing achey pain in the inner thigh of my left leg.

Is it a blood clot?! My leg doesn't appear to be swollen. I've never had a blood clot before but I've been told they're not good, especially in the thigh!

My heart is beating so fast. I feel like the clot is going to shoot up to my heart and kill me within seconds.

It's around the same place I have a blue lump in my leg. That has been there for as long as I remember, but last year I had a nurse check it when I went in for a pregnancy test (wasn't pregnant) and she told me it wasn't a blood clot but she didn't know what it is. It's never given me trouble before, I was just curious.

And I don't know if this is related, but for the past couple months I've had random pains in my left shoulder/arm. It feels like the same kind of pain in my thigh.

I have not injured my leg or arm at all. I would remember because I'm a wimp!

Thank you so much in advance. :weep:

I have the exact same problem. Are you on the pill atm? If it is really bothering you I would make an appointment and get a d dimer test to rule out clots. If it comes back negative you can relax. Im sure it's nothing.