PDA

View Full Version : letting a guy ruin my self-esteem!

saware
06-05-13, 12:36
a little while ago I met a guy who I felt like I really connected with. he seemed to feel the same, told me he'd really like to see me again - but since then (about 3 weeks ago) he hasn't been in contact.

I know this seems like such a little thing but it's completely knocked my self-esteem. now I'm stuck in a cycle of mentally going through everything that was said and done that night I met him and trying to work out what could've gone wrong. even making up excuses like "maybe he's busy with work/waiting until my uni exams are over/is going through something right now but I'm sure he'll call when it's all over"

I can't believe I'm putting myself through this over someone I barely even know - this isn't like me at all, usually if someone's not interested I can get over it pretty quickly. I just can't seem to accept it this time and it's really getting me down.

I just want to forget about it but it's haunting me for some reason! any ideas why/advice to stop myself obsessing?

flori
06-05-13, 13:09
Aw saware, I know it`s maybe easier said than done, but forget him, it`s not worth making yourself unwell. Plenty other fish in the sea, as the saying goes. It`s happened to us all at one point in our lives.

saware
06-05-13, 22:48
Aw saware, I know it`s maybe easier said than done, but forget him, it`s not worth making yourself unwell. Plenty other fish in the sea, as the saying goes. It`s happened to us all at one point in our lives.

definitely easier said than done! I'm just not used to feeling like this, it's like being 13 again and having my first crush haha

theharvestmouse
07-05-13, 14:11
This happened to me about 2 years ago, met a girl and spent some time with her, she wanted to see me again but she was going on holiday and said she'd be in touch when she got back. She never did get in touch and for some reason it hit me hard, not really my self esteem but just the fact that I had to accept I wouldn't see her again when in my mind I thought I'd finally met someone who I was crazy about.

It took a few months but I managed to heal the wound that had been left, I still think about her some days but it does no good whatsoever.

The advice is hard to take, I couldn't take it at the time but you have to try to move on and put this person out of your mind.

saware
07-05-13, 15:48
This happened to me about 2 years ago, met a girl and spent some time with her, she wanted to see me again but she was going on holiday and said she'd be in touch when she got back. She never did get in touch and for some reason it hit me hard, not really my self esteem but just the fact that I had to accept I wouldn't see her again when in my mind I thought I'd finally met someone who I was crazy about.

It took a few months but I managed to heal the wound that had been left, I still think about her some days but it does no good whatsoever.

The advice is hard to take, I couldn't take it at the time but you have to try to move on and put this person out of your mind.

that sucks :/
it's strange when you felt so sure they felt the same way.. hard to understand what's happened I guess
also I've never met anyone I clicked with so well. just have to hope that won't be the last time!

semper solus
07-05-13, 15:57
Hiya

Why not get in contact with him and say I have not heard from you so thought I would get in touch to see if you want to go out. Then see what happens, if he gives you an excuse why he can't see you then cut your losses. No good sitting around waiting and stewing on it.

saware
07-05-13, 16:09
Hiya

Why not get in contact with him and say I have not heard from you so thought I would get in touch to see if you want to go out. Then see what happens, if he gives you an excuse why he can't see you then cut your losses. No good sitting around waiting and stewing on it.

but i'm so good at sitting around and stewing on things!!
haha, fair point though, this is all so ridiculous and could be solved by just asking him...

semper solus
07-05-13, 16:20
Hiya

You never know there could be a genuine reason why he hasn't been in contact. Go on be a brave girl contact him :) xx