PDA

View Full Version : Palps really scared of operation

bashley
06-05-13, 18:31
Hi, I suffer from anxiety and have had palps,ectopics, chest pain etc for years had ecg's, chest x ray, blood tests all ok apart from fast heartbeat. The thing is I have had constant palps and I'm due to have a major operation . I'm so scared that my heart will fail and I won't wake up. My consultant I'd not seem concerned but I'm petrified. I know I'm getting so anxious and its not helping the palps. My legs feel like jelly, and I can't et I feel all light headed. I the these palpatations they are horrible. Please help I need reassurance .

almamatters
06-05-13, 18:37
I have constant fast hearbeat and palps regularly. I have had loads of tests and most things have been ruled out. I have to have a minor procedure in a few weeks and told the consultant how scared I am that my heart won't take the procedure. She assured me it would and that I will be constantly monitored throughout it all. I know it is difficult but please listen to your consultant , if they are not worried then you will be fine. I know how you feel I am scared too but I am going to trust them to look after me and I'm sure they will you. :flowers: