PDA

View Full Version : Nail problems

Honeynut
06-05-13, 19:20
D:

So a couple months ago I noticed my nails were turning white, like from the bottom upwards. The bottom of my nails went white and the top went pink, I got some acrylic nails after I spotted them because I googled and read all about how it could be liver, kidney, heart or an autoimmune disease and became very anxious looking at them. I removed them myself about three weeks ago and today I've noticed how they are now peeling away from the nailbed. I'm very worried this means something is wrong with my health, my half moons have disappeared too due to the big spread of white. I'm a chronic nailbiter but I don't think that would affect the colour of them.

50shadesofmessedup
06-05-13, 21:10
Hello :) acrylics ruin my nails and make them peel away too! Try not to panic too much, my nails often go white when I'm pregnant and my iron levels go a bit low, if ur feeling well in yourself I wouldn't worry hunny xxx 50

anxious_thoughts
06-05-13, 21:15
Hello,
You should get checked out by your doctor. They will most likely do a blood test on you, as white nail beds can mean a deficiency iron and other vitamins. It will also help clear your mind and make you not as anxious if you just get them checked out. :)