PDA

View Full Version : hello all, i'm new

al76
26-09-06, 14:13
hello everyone,

Just came across this website today, have to say i'm so happy i did, been feeling really really lost but hopefully this site will help.

I've been having panic attacks and anxiety for about 6 months now, but really bad in the last month. Both my sisters have suffered from panic attacks over the years, and i had hoped i would never get them, but unfortunately it's been happening quite frequently now to me.

I think yesterday was the worst i had - i honestly felt like my time was up and phoned my wife on the way back from work in a right state, was so relieved to get home, but couldn't face work today and had to call in sick.

Anyway i'm hoping reading more about panic attacks and sharing thoughts will help, it's putting everything in my life under such pressure and am feeling quite down in the dumps about it.

take care.
Al

freakle
26-09-06, 14:21
Hi Al,

Welcome to the forum :D

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low, but hopefully being here and talking to people who understand what you're going through and can offer support and advice will help you. [8D]

Take care,

Zoe x

To be pushed is unwillingness, to push yourself is courage

hayles
26-09-06, 14:32
Hi Al,

Welcome to the site.
Hope things start to pick up from here on in

Hay x

manmoor
26-09-06, 14:56
Hi Al,

big warm welcome to you. You have come to the right place.

Take Care

Mandyxx

al76
26-09-06, 15:21
thanks v much for your kind welcomes. I've spent the last few hours on this site reading about everyones stories and personal experiences, so much i can relate too.

One thing i'm still not confident about is how to speak to other family and friends and work colleagues about my panic attacks. Hopefully i can find some advice here.

take care
Al

sgp64
26-09-06, 15:28
Hi Al and welcome aboard. I'm also weighing up how to tell friends/work colleagues about my recent difficulties. It's a tricky one alright but don't let it add to your anxiety levels...I recently got into a panic about telling people that I panic! Bonkers :D

yorkylover
26-09-06, 16:55
Hi Al and welcome.I have found this site a great help and there are fab people on here.Your not alone,and will get some great advise here.It is hard explaining to family and friends.The ones who really understand are the ones who have been there.
Take care;)

Ellen XX

trac67
26-09-06, 17:03
Hi Al,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

polly daydream
26-09-06, 17:34
Hi Al and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find the site of some comfort and will make new friends.

Best wishes,

Polly

honeybee3939
26-09-06, 19:44
Hi Al

And a BIG warm welcome to you, i am sure you find lots of support here and make new friends.

Love

Andrea

xxxx

-FReaK-
26-09-06, 20:58
Hi Al

I'm new as well. They're all really nice in here.

Remember, no matter haw bad it seems now, you WILL get better and every thing will be alright.

:)

FReaK

groovygranny
26-09-06, 21:45
Hello and welcome....it's safe here!

Lotsa Luv
xxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

libbie
27-09-06, 17:52
hi al, you will always find someone on here to help you overcome your fears

take care
libbie

scoobygirl2005
27-09-06, 18:20
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

nomorepanic
29-09-06, 19:21
Hi Al

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some fab people here.

Nicola

wobily_lin
30-09-06, 08:58
Hi Al,

A big welcome to the site. some great advice and support here.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx