PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Penni
07-05-13, 17:41
I'm new to this. I've been suffering with depression for 4 years (among other things). The meds that I was on is what started my panic attacks and agoraphobia. My parents say that I'm useless and pathetic and that I should just snap out of it.

jelly2010
07-05-13, 18:04
Hi Penni :welcome:
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. I too suffer from depression and anxiety and if only it was that easy to snap out of it right?!
I don't believe for an instant that you arr useless or pathetic and your parents are probably really worried about you and not communicating it well.

I'm sure you will find this site very helpful - everyone is welcoming and plenty of us have similar experiences to you.

Wishing you the best,
J x

Penni
07-05-13, 18:11
J

My parentsand I have never been close as a teenager my dad's idea of parenting was give it money and it goes away or go have a time out with your tv in your room. We haven't spoken in over a year and I'm fine with. They have never tried to understand me and probably never will.

Penni

bernie1977
07-05-13, 18:14
Hi Penni, sorry to hear things aren't good with your parents.

It would be great if we could all just snap out of anxiety and depression wouldn't it?!!

Welcome to the site

jelly2010
07-05-13, 18:20
Sorry to hear that Penni. Please know there are people here that understand and want to see you get better.
J x

Mark13
07-05-13, 22:18
Hi Penni. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.