PDA

View Full Version : Lump under chin

limonp83
07-05-13, 21:37
For about five months now I've been dealing with anxiety or what I thought was anxiety. I had a horrible "knot in throat" feeling that I just couldn't shake off no matter what. Everyone one told me that it was just anxiety, I am a very nervous person. So I got on some anti-depressants to "help with the anxiety" I did feel more calm but had no affect on the "knot in throat" Well two months ago, I discovered a lump under my chin. It has grown a bit since then from the size of a marble to a size of a little "bouncy ball". I have no other symptoms other than the pressure feeling in my throat. It bothers me so much that I cannot think about anything else. It seems to be taking over my life. I am concerned that it may be cancer or something serious since it has grown and I have no other symptoms for it to just be a swollen lymph node. I had blood work done, everything seemed fine even my thyroid. My doctor thinks I should get a CT scan. I am waiting for my appointment to be scheduled. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concered?

granny85
09-05-13, 20:21
I had something similar in my mouth - get it checked - mine turned out to be a blocked saliva gland, but of course I thought the worst!! x

klausrothschild
11-05-13, 10:32
For about five months now I've been dealing with anxiety or what I thought was anxiety. I had a horrible "knot in throat" feeling that I just couldn't shake off no matter what. Everyone one told me that it was just anxiety, I am a very nervous person. So I got on some anti-depressants to "help with the anxiety" I did feel more calm but had no affect on the "knot in throat" Well two months ago, I discovered a lump under my chin. It has grown a bit since then from the size of a marble to a size of a little "bouncy ball". I have no other symptoms other than the pressure feeling in my throat. It bothers me so much that I cannot think about anything else. It seems to be taking over my life. I am concerned that it may be cancer or something serious since it has grown and I have no other symptoms for it to just be a swollen lymph node. I had blood work done, everything seemed fine even my thyroid. My doctor thinks I should get a CT scan. I am waiting for my appointment to be scheduled. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concered?

Hey, I always find loads of lumps all over my body (not that big, but quite a few) and I know the feeling of anxiety too. Once I started to lose weight I thought I had cancer because of this lump in my throat which kept bothering me and I tried to stay of google, I couldn't resist anymore and I googled lump in throat and searched through images and diagrams of the neck to find what it was, for once google made me relieved, I was getting paranoid about my Adam's apple which I had never seen/felt before because of being so overweight. Anyway, you shouldn't automatically assume the worst (even though that's something people with HA do, including me), the CT scan should help find out what it is and if it is something, the doctors will do their best to deal with it, but don't worry about that just yet. Just some info which may put your mind at ease:
Malignant lumps tend to be hard and firm (not rubbery or sprongy) and fixed in one place, if you can move it around (even slightly) that's a good sign. Hope this info puts your mind at ease even if it's just temporarily :)