PDA

View Full Version : feeling after panic attacks

al76
26-09-06, 17:59
I feel really tired and weak either within a few hours or the next day after having a panic attack. Does anyone else feel like this afterwards?

take care,
Al

katies
26-09-06, 19:04
Hi

Oh yes can wipe me out for days and think this is normal as your body feels like it has run a marathon after an attack. Similarly if you are always anxious yet not having attacks you will fell tired as yourbody is always on red alert !

Good luck

KatieS

Wannabeloved85
26-09-06, 19:12
iwas going to reply, but Katies more or less covered it perfectly!

B x

honeybee3939
26-09-06, 19:49
I feel like that too Al.

I had a bad attack yesterday morning, i felt drained the rest of the day and today also, and at night i couldnt sleep, your not on your own there Al.

Love

Andrea
xxx

-FReaK-
26-09-06, 21:03
It's straight to bed for me. I'm left with absolutely no energy.

al76
27-09-06, 13:25
hi again,

thanks for the info, good to know it's not just me! I'm having a better day today, have stayed off all caffeine and have also decided to cut out alcahol for a while.

The anxiety i have been experiencing over the last 2 months had unfortunately led me to turn to booze as a way of trying to unwind every night. I had always had the odd beer or 2 during the week, but was having at least 4 to 5 a night and then more on weekends. Not good, and having not had a drop for 48hrs now i feel better for it, and i have read that alcahol does have a long-term negative impact on panic attacks.

Anyway hope everyone is doing okay today.

take care,
Al

blondeangel
27-09-06, 14:58
yes..I find I do too...because my body is in such a state of hightened sensitivity and arousal (not the good arousal)....I am having one right now actually...so .....I am waiting for it to end...trying to cope. I find also I feel very relieved that it has stopped.

hayles
27-09-06, 15:29
yeah totally.
feel like it completly wipes me out!

Hay x