PDA

View Full Version : white spon on/near tonsil

tiredOfOcd
08-05-13, 14:58
hi folks

its hard to tell where my ocd ends and my ha begins but i'm going to put this here because i think its more health related.

in oct 2012 i ruptured an eardrum and was referred to an ENT for follow up. on one visit in december, he mentioned "oh, you've got a tonsil cyst" and said i could get it removed if i wanted.

given that my ha went into overdrive, i couldn't get that thing drained fast enough. i had it done in feb and when he did it he mentioned he sends all this stuff the the lab as a standard procedure and that he expects nothing to come of this.

again, my ha went absolutely CRAZY. funny how someone's offhand comment can do that, isn't it?

results came back and it was a harmless cyst (just as the ENT said).

fast forward to mid April and i found another. my ha has been relatively under control because i have forced myself to work an awful lot and exercise to the point of exhaustion. once i made the appointment to get white spot number 2 looked at - my ha went crazy again.

yesterday was bad. i spent too much time googling 'oral cancer' and talking to my mom about my grandmother who died of throat cancer in the 1960s and then googling 'genetic links' and wondering about the 6-8 alcoholic drinks i have over the course of a week.

i got it somewhat under control and today has been better. thankfully my appointment is at the end of the day so i don't have to wait much longer.

but, i let it get the best of me yesterday. the only thing that's saved me from more agony, i think, is that i looked up other things that can be found in the mouth and found a whole bunch of non lethal ones. including the one the dr said i had back in feb - which the results of the search say can recur.

yay

Rachel W
08-05-13, 23:52
If it was benign last time and it is the same then I am sure it will be benign this time too. Hope you have had your appointment and that the doctor has put your mind to rest.

tiredOfOcd
09-05-13, 00:16
thanks very much.

i just got back about an hour ago.

he says there's nothing to worry about and its not even big enough to remove. he says leave it alone and keep an eye on it.

but, nothing to worry about.

:D

Worried_Male
09-05-13, 01:34
Sounds like tonsil stones to me.

tiredOfOcd
09-05-13, 14:04
Sounds like tonsil stones to me.

I've had those when i was a kid. If that's what this was, it wouldn't have been an uptick on my axiety meter.

But, the dr said all is well and he doesn't recommend doing anything with it. He said he could check it again in 3 months if I want.

I think I'm going to make myself live with this and keep an eye on it as opposed to having it removed. That should be good practice.