PDA

View Full Version : So Im not alone? Very scared... new here

AllIhaveisme
08-05-13, 15:54
I guess I'll start with my story: I've always had some level of health anxiety. But its out of control now.

I filed for divorce after 12 years with an overgrown child who was emotionally abusive and didn't hold a job. I did great for a few months. Then March 6th I got a tattoo, on my back that goes up my neck. The next day I found a large lump on the side of my neck. Its been hell since that day. I made a Dr appointment and he said due to illness and not to worry, its just lymph nodes. By that time I had 2 develop on the back of my neck. Then I began literally fighting off depression. I was THTILLED to leave my marriage so I. Didn't understand why I'd wake up depressed every day. I also have 3 kids and he moved 5hours away so I'm literally all alone. The anxiety grew with the development of more and more nodes. Then they went to my groin. Then above my left collar bone. By that point I was having severe panic, depression, waking up in fear, debilitating my life. I missed work, I was exhausted all the time, I depleted my financial cushion on Dr visits, labs, er visits. I got facial hair, heart palpitations, fatigue, increased appetite, stopped working out, anxiety and panic so bad it consumes me. These lumps consume my life. At times I'd
rather be dead than living like this. I hold my kids and cry thinking they wont grow up
with a mom. To be clear, I've had blood done 3 times, it showed I was iron and b12 and folate deficient, but everything else good, had a clear chest xray. Negative for HIV, hepatitis, thyroid normal, mono negative and even a red blood cell morphology that was normal, no mutations.

This doesn't end. I found 2 new lumps on my neck the last couple days, the lumps seem to go up and down and when my anxiety is lower, they don't feel so big. All of them are less than 1cm from what I'm told. I can't stop Googling! I also experience funny felimg head and chest, neck soreness and stiffness, I just developed a click in my throat when o swallow and an ash taste in my throat. I went from taking no pills to raking vitamin C, b12 complex vitamins, iron, zinc, fish oil, claritan, zoloft and ativan.

I am going back to the Dr today, a different one and ask them to test me for Lyme disease, mono again, MS, and check my cortisol level. Everything on Google give me the C or T work, pituitary, adrenal, or something else relating to hormones. This has taken over mu life and I want it to END already. :(

The pluses are : all testing mostly normal thus far, no night sweats, chills, weight loss or gain and my energy and foggy head has improved with vitamins. I'm so sorry this Ois Terribly

---------- Post added at 07:54 ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 ----------

I'm so sorry this is long and for the mistakes, I'm posting from my phone at work and tying to edit isn't working.

Happiness Runs
09-05-13, 01:40
Please tell your doctor about your life circumstances and how you are feeling like you have in this post. I think your lumps are a physical manifestation of your stress. i am not a doctor obviously but I also used to be convinced there was something seriously wrong with my physical health but it was caused by my anxiety/stress/depression.
You are not alone! I hope your doctor can give you something to help!

AllIhaveisme
09-05-13, 04:13
I actually go to a clinic that has in house psychology as well. I have been seeing them as well. They gave me Ativan and Zoloft which has greatly improved my ability to cope with all of this. I woke up with a sore throat and now I have a huge, 3cm node swollen under my jaw and all the nodes in my neck are swollen are harder so Im sure reacting to a virus of some sort but in my head, I feel like this is more proof there is something terribly wrong.

The dr I saw today said no, he doesn't think this is anything to be concerned about, didn't even feel the nodes, said my blood and xray was good enough and we should watch and see. That's not acceptable to me! The heat today made me feel awful and dizzy and tight chested. Its SO hard sometimes to decipher if the symptoms are mental or physical sometimes. :(

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I wish I had more than 1 response with over 100 views. Someone somewhere has to have something similar going on! :(

Eek
09-05-13, 05:04
Please don't be disheartened by the amount of responses to views. Most of the views that posts get are from guests just visiting the forum and they can't post at all. A lot of posts have many views but few responses, it doesn't mean that people don't care.

It sounds like you are going through a lot and health anxiety can take it's toll. I hope the meds you have been given help, but I also hope that they are giving you some sort of therapy too rather than relying just on meds as you need some coping mechanisms in place to help you cope with your fears. I'm afraid I don't really have similar symptoms to you so can't really help in that respect, but just wanted to know that I was thinking of you and wishing you well having read your post.

AllIhaveisme
09-05-13, 16:42
Thank you Eek, I really appreciate your response. :)