PDA

View Full Version : Tired / dry eyes and pressure behind left eye

ChrisMayo
08-05-13, 16:57
Hi all,

My left eye has been feeling quite heavy and dry recently (both my eyes feel dry to an extent)

I keep rubbing my eye because it feels like it needs waking up and sometimes my vision feels out of focus.

I went to the eye hospital a few years back for similar symptoms and they did a whole range of tests and said there was nothing wrong with my vision / back of my eye.

I also saw a few Dr's when I initially had weird eye problems and said I was concered about a brain tumour but they all said they wouldn't even consider that as I had no other symptoms.

It's not got any worse over the last few years, but it's been bothering me again recently and my eyes regularly feel like they need to wake up / sharpen up.

Is this something people can relate to?

I'll go to the doctors tomorrow, but just wondered if anyone has anything similar.

Thank you,

Chris x

anxious_thoughts
08-05-13, 18:52
I totally know what you mean,
I constantly have dry eyes, it's pretty bad right now.
Two years ago I had a really bad eye infection in both eyes, they were so swollen and red, and ever since that I've noticed my eyes are almost always dry.
I also think it may be due to some sort of allergies. I have brain tumour anxiety with many symptoms that I feel points it out, but my doctor doesn't think so. He says it's all my anxiety. I noticed when my anxiety is high, I get pressure on my right eye.
Maybe you can go to a pharmacy or something and just get some eye drops for dry eyes, I've noticed those work. :)