PDA

View Full Version : Eye pain

RVP
08-05-13, 23:53
Keep getting eye pain, well i think its eye pain..
if you put your fingers just underneath the top of your eye socket the eye ball from that area hurts.. its not constant, but its worrying me as ive had an eye test so why are my eyes hurting from there

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

anyone experienced this before? or know what it could be..

melishaxoxo
09-05-13, 18:26
could be allergies/sinus..well that is what doctors have told me about my eye pain

bibliophilic
09-05-13, 18:44
I get that a lot from allergies and sinus pressure. Hurts me to blink when that happens, too. Usually goes away after a few doses of Allegra.

RVP
10-05-13, 11:31
If this is sinus related, then I've been having sinus problems for ages..
the doctor gave me nasal spray which did nothing.
and now I read that sinus can be quite dangerous and you could get meningitus in the brain if it goes out of control, and considering i've had it since decemeber time, it isn't going to go now.

ashurrutia
12-05-13, 17:21
I have back of the head pain that shoots up through the top, I also get ear pain on both sides, and eye pain. I found what is causing my pains, the neck muscles, more specifically the sternocleidomastoid, and the ones on the back of the neck. Yes the pains are caused by tense muscles due to stress, the throbbing pain one gets is usually due to the occipital nerve being compressed by the muscles. There is no need to put it down to so far fetched malignant cause. I too went to a Neurologist, Optician, etc. My optic nerve was fine, there isn't an optical cause for my headaches, only when I went to physical therapy, and they started massaging my neck did I realize that it was the cause of it. The best thing you can do to ease the pain cause by the neck muscles, is to stretch them.

PS:I've found the best anti-anxiety, and anti-depressant medication, thanks to it, I've been sleeping like a log for the past 10-12 weeks, I still have an occasional sleeplessness night, but even then I get some hours of sleep. Even in the worst case scenarios, such as this past Saturday when I was called by my Neurologist and told to go to the ER due to some lab work coming back abnormally high, I kept calm throughout the whole process, and did not freak out. I no longer get unwanted tachycardia, and my blood pressure has normalized again.