PDA

View Full Version : need help

caroletaylor
09-05-13, 00:45
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting on any forum of any kind so I don't really know how this works. I had substance abuse problems for a while and have just celebrated my one year sober. Since I have been sober I have been happier and my life has been much more fulfilled but the one big problem is my anxiety. Its been there since I was a little girl but when I was using I was numbing it. Now that I am sober I have to learn to deal with this on my own and I really need help. I see a therapist once a week and am prescribed neurontin for my anxiety because things like xanax and klonopin are not good for a person with an addictive personality like me. My anxiety has gone from normal general anxiety to super irrational anxiety that is causing me actual legitimate pain and getting in the way of my life. I am convinced I am dying and every little ache or pain is the end of the world for me. Im trying something new and I think just hearing from people who have the same problems as me will help me feel not so alone. Hope you guys have some thoughtful words or suggestions. Thanks.

Mark13
09-05-13, 17:35
Glad to have you with us Carole.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

granny85
09-05-13, 19:12
Good for you for being sober for a year - I still need my wine at the end of the day!!
But, yes, at its worst, I had chest pains, arm, shoulders, you name it, but gradually, as the pains appeared every day, I started to ask 'have you had these before?' (Answer - yes) And that kind of helped to reassure me that nothing major was happening.
Hang in there - you are on your way! x