PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Angioma

KeeKee
09-05-13, 13:19
Sorry if I have spelt it wrong. I made a thread about a week ago about me having pin-prick red dots on mainly my arms. I have one on my chest and one on my leg and one on my stomach. I have loads on my arms though and I have googled it too (naughty!) but I am pretty convinced it is Cherry Angioma as mentioned by a few replies in my last post.
My health anxiety has been ok this past 8 days but this is starting to freak me out as I have at least 20 on one arm and at least about 12 on the other. I have only had health anxiety for about 2 months so am happy to believe these were here before that and I have only just noticed them, but given that they are more likely the older you are (I am 24) I am just worried they are something more sinister :-(
I did have a Dr appointment yesterday but couldn't get my daughter picked up from school so had to cancel and now I have to wait until next Wednesday.
Anyone have these and would you say around 40 is a lot?

MrRhodes
09-05-13, 13:29
I have around 5 of them, 3 on my chest, 1 on my shoulder and the other one in the middle of my back. i guess they are harmless but i also abit anxious about it. Please tell me what your doctor says.

FR14
09-05-13, 14:47
I think if we are thinking the same thing, they are pretty harmless??

I have one on my chest and my mum has quite alot...

I know lots of people that have then.

Let us know what the doc says

x

Sparkle1984
09-05-13, 16:16
I have loads of those little red pin-prick spots on my skin too. They started appearing when I was 12, and I was really scared at the time as I didn't know what they were. More and more of them seemed to be appearing each week. At the time, I was too scared to tell anyone that I was anxious because of the spots. They are so small I don't think my family/friends even realised I had them. It was a major cause of an anxiety episode I had when I was 12. At the time, I was scared that they might be something harmful or that new ones would never stop appearing!

Luckily a few months later I stopped getting so many new spots, and my fear of them began to die down. I also noticed that other people had them on their skin too, and they were still healthy. It wasn't until years later, after searching on the internet that I found out that they're called cherry angiomas and that they're harmless.

KeeKee
09-05-13, 16:44
Thanks guys, I will keep you updated :)
Sparkle, I am currently noticing more but I suppose once you notice them you tend to look out for them. I feel more at ease now.

lofwyr
09-05-13, 18:26
If what you are talking about is in fact cherry angiomas, then yes, they are absolutely harmless. No chance EVER of becoming anything other than unsightly (I hate mine, have about 10-15 of them I guess).

I freaked about about them at first, but a doc set me straight.

countrygirl
09-05-13, 21:36
I have lost count of the number I have from pin pricks to 5mm across. The older I get the more I get!! They are totally completely harmless.

They can also drop off!!! I had two on my boob and one day I touched one and it came off, I nearly passed out but it was normal skin underneath/weird!

KeeKee
15-05-13, 16:57
Been to the doctors He told me it was absolutely nothing, just a variation is what he said. I feel so much better also got a few other things off my chest :-)