PDA

View Full Version : Really bad dizziness and panic

matt87
09-05-13, 19:13
hi
I just wanted to see if anyone else has really bad dizziness from their anxiety? it got really bad with me and I couldn't even walk in a straight line.Ive been for an MRI and the ENT and they said its anxiety. Im taking Citalopram now and ive been on it before and It really did work but ive only been on it 2 weeks, gone back to work and just feel really dizzy. That's my main symptom and I just freak out. Ive been telling myself 'do your worse, make me fall over' and it never does and was working whilst I was off but now im at work ive lost some control.

Anything would help :)

healthanxietygirl
09-05-13, 19:17
i suffer the same way,
like my whole room is spinning & nothing helps, not even lying down

tiaxox
20-05-13, 05:39
I don't so much as have dizziness as it is more of a feeling of off balance-ness that hits me at any given time, then the panic sets in. I can completely relate. It's so annoying. I'm constantly scared of getting "dizzy" in public or by myself. I do not like to go by myself anywhere because i'm scared it's going to happen

Baxtervix
20-05-13, 09:26
I suffered this whilst at work, I thought it was just because I was rushing around a lot and didn't eat anything. What was worst was when I was driving not only at times I thought my sight was going but the pains in my chest (which was a panic attack) freaked me out. Keep strong, try and keep positive and calm, I know it's so hard. :bighug1:

quamrulyousufi
20-05-13, 15:44
i suffer the same way,
like my whole room is spinning & nothing helps, not even lying down
I am feeling very upset to know your situation. I guess aside medication, you need a good/positive friends. As you have posting here that means you are still have full strength to overcome it. Keep it up. if you feel better you may even talk with me to express more feeling and I thing it will make a new turn.Thank you

Ally-SA
21-05-13, 14:54
Hi Matt

I suffered with dizziness last year for a few months - all anxiety.

Sadly, in the last day or two I can feel it coming back.

It's just anxiety.

I went on to Zoloft last year, which helped. And I stopped the meds in Feb - felt ok. Dunno why this is happening again.

Nats
23-05-13, 19:58
Hey, I have the dizziness too I get it really bad at work and end up leaving as I can't stand it anymore. I don't know where this ever came from its seemed to go and for the past 3 weeks come back again. I Do panic that something awful is wrong with me but I keep getting told its anxiety. I have never passed out but always feel like I'm going too

I wish it would stop and I understand what ur going thru

Take care x

Regina
08-06-13, 07:30
I've had that at work too, and actually almost fell out in front of my boss. I find myself suddenly nearly walking into walls and such, which is scary. Had scans and all looks normal so it's anxiety related for sure. I did almost faint about a week ago but luckily didn't fully and haven't been that bad since. Occasionally it feels like the bed is spinning which is awful as well. You'd think lying down would help. I understand and hope it gets better for you...

~Regina

Kim51
11-06-13, 11:30
Hi I also suffer from dizziness just before and during panic attacks have had this problem for years like others lots of checks done no medical reason. Unfortunately it makes my panic attacks worse as I then fear going to faint.
Hope you feel better soon