PDA

View Full Version : Ups and downs

pjr
09-05-13, 19:56
I think I have probably posted a similar thread to this in the past but feel like I need to talk/post about it at the moment to get it of my chest.

I am not very good at recognizing when my anxiety starts to build up but in my case it defiantly goes in up and down cycles.

Thinking about it today one of the ways I can recognize my anxiety levels is my use of this brilliant forum for support.

When I am feeling good with low levels of anxiety (low it never ever leaves me completely 24 years since it started!!!!) I rarely visit the forum.

When the anxiety starts to build I start to browse and read other peoples posts.

Then it gets to a level I don't cope with I post!

So thats where I am at today and here is my post indicating my anxiety has taken over.

Not sure what I am looking for in reply to this post may be just to know there are other members out there that may be in a good phase at the moment and that this stage will pass for me.

After 24 years of this at varying levels I am starting to lose hope that I will ever be able to keep this at a manageable level long term.

This is a bad development in my thinking because I normally have in my mind that somewhere out there their is something that can help me out of this anxiety trap!

Any comments advice please

Male,40 years old, married, 3 kids, full time job.