PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Kew Gardens

clickaway
26-09-06, 23:51
A few weeks ago I put my hand up to meets some fellow photo people to meet up at Kew Gardens in west London.

I've met most of these peeps before and they're great so wanted to do it, BUT I got stressed out about actually getting there in the morning. I only live an hour away but I find mornings almost impossible and have been having a lot of insomnia lately.

So I comprimised and got there at 1.15 after telling the organiser I get insomnia and so avoiding the anxiety revelation and still be truthful!

We had a great afternoon there and once I had met up, my anxieties receded. They came on again as soon as people were planning to leave, and once on my own on unfamiliar train tracks I was a total wreck thinking I could not manage the one mile drive home from the station.

I eased up as the train neared my home town and drove back here no problem.

That night I took no sleeping pills and had plenty of sleep. However the next day I just freaked, in a permamant cold sweat all day with little energy. I *had* to go out for some milk at 8pm and once I stepped outside the front door that was easy contrary to what I had thought 2 minutes beforehand.

My anxiety is rooted in being seperated from my family for a few weeks when very young, and so yearn for safe company even now. I really needed to be with these friends last saturday and I found out a lot about myself again.

There is a similar meet in Bristol in two weeks and I have said yes to that too. That will involve a hotel and will be a tougher challenge, but I know I will survive!

Everyone can do this, but its bloody hard!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

kazzie
27-09-06, 00:08
WELL DONE RAY!!!! looking forward to you posting on here re bristol!!!

take care

luv kaz x

Sue K with 5
27-09-06, 00:57
Well done Honey !!! after the weeks you had leading up to this i am so proud of you for facing it and going !!

You will get there i know you will

HUGS

xxxxxxxx

scknight

manmoor
27-09-06, 07:43
Ray well done you. x

Take Care

Mandyxx

bobsy
27-09-06, 09:22
Just want to say well done ray i now how hard it is but your doing it.

Enjoy your next visit and let us now how it goes.

take care and be happy

bobsy

Piglet
27-09-06, 09:47
Ray hun you amaze me!!

You tackle these things even when you feel pants - you are a very brave and strong individual and don't you ever forget it.

:D:D:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Wannabeloved85
27-09-06, 09:51
well done!! GREAT job!!!

Becci x x x

honeybee3939
27-09-06, 09:53
Thats great Ray

A BIG WELL DONE TO YOU !!

Love

Andrea
xxx

trac67
27-09-06, 13:39
Ray,

You did brilliant hun, so proud of you :D

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

carlin
27-09-06, 14:12
Hi Ray, you did real good mate!! You should be so proud of yourself, as we all are here. Yeah, next challenge will be a little more difficult maybe, but do you know what Ray, you will do it!!!! Thank you for sharing all of this here, it is so good to hear and helps many others... xxxJean p.s. It is bloody hard, but we can do it!!!!!

Karen
27-09-06, 18:12
Well done Ray. It shows anticipation is often worse than the actual event. In fact, the actual event can actually be enjoyable.

I felt anxious when I drove to West London to meet K a couple of weeks ago and it was probably worse because it has been about a year since I've driven anywhere unfamiliar, but once I was doing it I coped. I was actually quite near Kew!

Remember how good it felt to be with your friends when thinking about the Bristol meet.

What would happen if you mentioned to one or more of them that you feel anxious? I have found it is often helpful for me to admit I am feeling anxious, even to people I don't always know very well, rather than trying to hide it.

Karen

I love you in place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you

~The Carpenters~

polly daydream
27-09-06, 18:58
Well done Ray!!!!!:D

Take care,

Polly