PDA

View Full Version : your boss

Torri
09-05-13, 20:23
has anyone told their boss about there illness, if so how did they deal with...im just interested to know
as i have told my boss about my panic disorder and she is brill, she lets me go to appointments when i need to and is very understanding...the only thing is will they get fed up with this as i have had a lot of days off because of my panic and i have felt unwell at work and had to go home
just want to hear anyone thats had the same issues or wories

clairejayne
09-05-13, 20:40
Hi. My boss has been very supportive also the staff at our head office. I do worry though like today I had to go home and last week my boss had to call paramedics. Ive not suffered this bad for years a do worry they will start to gef annoyed which adds to my anxiety.

jelly2010
09-05-13, 21:07
I let my boss know what I was going through mainly because I work for a small company where we are all on friendly terms and I didn't want him to think my work was slipping if I was distracted or having a bad day. I would rather, if he felt I wasn't pulling my weight, be able to speak to me about it and for us to work out a strategy that will work for me and the company, rather than have him wondering what was going on! He has been so supportive and it was a weight off my mind just letting him know the situation.
J x

reddevil
09-05-13, 21:12
Hi,

I told my boss and he was great with me, turns out he suffered years back.

Red