PDA

View Full Version : Am i depressed?

N206
23-06-04, 15:05
My main problem is the panic attacks which cause my life to be totally off track, but now i think im getting depressed. ive had to give up work and very rarely go out..only if im forced/persuaded by my mum.
im happy to stay in and do nothing. somedays i dont even wanna get up outta bed. dont want to get dressed,or do anything. i cry at least once every day,and i just burst into tears for no reason.
Depression or just low? Any ideas?

Your stronger than you'll ever know,you control your own world.

Tessie28
23-06-04, 17:11
N206 I'm no expert but you sound depressed to my mind. I've found that the two seem to fit nicely hand in hand so to speak LOL. Are you taking any medication at all? I swear by Prozac to get me through. Trouble is the more time you spend at home the less you want to go out. Have a chat with your doctor, mine is fantastic.[^]

take care,
love Tess

N206
24-06-04, 23:46
hi
i saw my doctor yesterday,and hes given me Dothiepin.
i was really silly and read the leaflet and now im terrified to take it because of the side effects. i was on ciprilex for 18 months which i stopped in february. i came off them to quick and current situation is because of that. ive never been this bad in the whole time ive suffered with anxiety in 7 years.
Im talking passiflora complex at the moment,only been 5 days so im looking forward to seeing if that helps. xx

stimpy
25-06-04, 09:32
I found a test that was very similar to one given to me by a counsillor.

You could always give this a go and see what answer it gives you.
http://www.med.nyu.edu/Psych/screens/

My answers show the presence of prominent depressive symptoms. - cheerful ay :D

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Tessie28
25-06-04, 15:18
N206
I know what you mean about taking the medication - I got the right hebejebes when taking my BP meds for the first time. I was sure I was missing heart beats because of it and not, as was the case, because of my anxiety [:I]

Hope you are taking them okay now,
love Tess

N206
25-06-04, 19:59
hiya

ive still not started taking my tablets. ive got to go out tomorrow night weather i like it or not,so im going to wait til sunday. dont want any side effects to bring me down even more before then.

took the test.. and me too. i have prominent symptoms of depression!

x

Caitlyn89
26-06-04, 00:03
N,

I took the test as well lol....have the same one as you!

Rennie1989
26-06-04, 16:02
wow, didnt know i was dat depressed

i got the same as u stimpy

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

stimpy
26-06-04, 22:48
OOh heck, we are all depressed !

I wonder if anyone ever gets a positive answer?

It may be worth giving the meds ago. You never know, once you get used to them they may work wonders for you. I'm sure everyone reads the list of side effects and has a panic over them.
On the plus side the side effects hardly happen.

I'm off to see if I can get that test to give me a positive answer! :D

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Andrew Sinclair
27-06-04, 20:32
Hi there, i have suffered from depression for four years now, and have had varying degrees of the illness, i have also suffered anxiety attacks, and in my estimation the two can very well be linked, however anxiety can make you feel down and ultimately lead to depression, but this is only really for a phsychiatrist to decide, as the trates can be simmilar, but one usually overrides the other.
My advise is go and see your g.p., and let him or her decide if you should seek further help, as this may only be a blip.
Hope this helps. Andrew.