PDA

View Full Version : Headache for 2 days + painkillers dont help. camt sleep + worried

nikita
10-05-13, 01:55
As title says I have had what I presumed was a menstrual cycle migraine. Taken feminax, migraleve + ibuprofen since tues + nothing has got rid of the pain. I had to take today of work as pain so bad. Doctors closed till tomorrow. (i live in back of beyond in west ireland). Very worried + dont know if its very serious or what.i

macc noodle
10-05-13, 02:41
Hi Nikki
I am sure you will be fine - if my headaches are hormone related, the tablets do not always work.
Also, did you know that your headaches can be made worse by taking the tablets? Weird but.true apparently!
Do.you have any other symptoms ? I was wondering if you have blocked sinuses possibly?
I would go and see the doc just to put your mind at rest

nikita
10-05-13, 20:55
Thank you very much for replying to me macnoodle. was at the doctor today & he reckons that i just can't take codeine based tablets. i havent taken one since 9.30pm last night and my headache has gone thank God. He prescribed ponstan for next months cramps instead of my usual feminax.

Tessar
10-05-13, 21:40
Hi nikita, I had a similar situation about a month ago, it wasn't pleasant at all. The headache didn't respond to my normal painkillers. I even tried paracetamol and codeine which I'd never normally take (my usual would be the cheap version Of anadin extra).
Usually those sort my headaches out most of my headaches are hormonal.try not to worry though because as I say, I had this type of headache for several days. It did go eventually. I had also given up caffeine at the same time so I think it was a combination.
If it is hormonal, time will bring relief but it's very unpleasant isn't it.

Anxious_gal
12-05-13, 03:48
Regular tablets don't do much for migraines. I once had a migraine for 3 days, yep 3 long boring days, you can't do much with a pounding headache.

With sinus headaches I find the pain increases when you bend over, or if you move your head much. You can get nose sprays than can help clear out the nose.

Sorry you're not feeling well :(
There's always the hospital , not that I think you need to go, I just find it comforting that well it's an option : )

You can ask about pain meds that are for migraines, you can get different ones, some even prevent the migraines.

Mine are often hormone related, but stress can cause them as well as not getting enough sleep .