PDA

View Full Version : I've left my job

mikejames
10-05-13, 12:19
Hi Guys and Gals

Hope you are all ok

Well the above say's it all really after 17 years and much soul searching myself and work have come to a compromise agreement as in we both walk away with no hard feelings

I have had so much time off this year it was only a matter of do i quit or get sacked and i did not want that so at least am getting a pay out to tide us over for a few months

However the thought of job hunting is now on my mind and only been 2 days !

Please courage don't let me down now ............off on holiday to Russia for 2 weeks then job hunting ..............any support and advise much much appreciated

Mike
xxxxxxxx

Jon Dimond
10-05-13, 12:22
I left my job about 18 months ago after 10 years, at least 5 of those being in abject misery. The relief I felt when I walked out for the last time was incredible. Good luck finding something else, and remeber that quality of life is far more important than loads of money.

mikejames
10-05-13, 12:25
thanks Jon it is right and hopefully a new start away from the bullying throwing up every morning etcetcetc just terrified !!!!!!!!

mike

kittikat
10-05-13, 12:26
I hope this gives you some relief. Give yourself some time to adjust, enjoy your holiday and then start afresh when you come back.

I am in dispute with my employer, it is a very tough time for me atm...similar situation but I am not sure how much more I can take. I just wish I had the closure that you do now and a chance to move on...for me that would ease so much pressure right now.

I wish you much luck for the future. You will be fine, just take each day as it comes.

Kitti :)

Jon Dimond
10-05-13, 12:29
I figured that when I'd started crying in meetings that the time was right to make a change. I'm not one for crying normally so something was badly wrong. You spend so much time at work and the time can pass so slowly that it can become akin to torture.

Good luck mate, I hope it all works out really well for you. Have a great holiday too.

Annie0904
10-05-13, 12:32
I also left recently on a compromise agreement. It has been the right decision for me. I am giving myself a break to get well again and then will look for another job.

Jon Dimond
10-05-13, 12:34
I hope this gives you some relief. Give yourself some time to adjust, enjoy your holiday and then start afresh when you come back.

I am in dispute with my employer, it is a very tough time for me atm...similar situation but I am not sure how much more I can take. I just wish I had the closure that you do now and a chance to move on...for me that would ease so much pressure right now.

I wish you much luck for the future. You will be fine, just take each day as it comes.

Kitti :)

It's horrible when going to work becomes a constant battle with your employer. I got to the point where I was constantly in and out of sickness review meetings and performance reviews. Occupational Health were utterly useless despite having full knowledge of my medical history. In the end it was doing me so much harm that I just submitted notice and left.

mikejames
10-05-13, 12:39
thanks Kitty- it was NOT an easy decision to make

We could manage on my husbands salary (yes I am gay) but that's not fair on him or me as I need structure in my life and routine otherwise I fall to pieces either boredom or drinking but i recognise this and it will not happen

the pay out is a good thing - at least i get some breathing space - pm me if you want a chat x

mike

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

thanks guys for all your replies - Annie i have followed your posts and you seem like a lovely person so just give it time - i am xxxxxxxx

kittikat
10-05-13, 12:41
thanks Kitty- it was NOT an easy decision to make

We could manage on my husbands salary (yes I am gay) but that's not fair on him or me as I need structure in my life and routine otherwise I fall to pieces either boredom or drinking but i recognise this and it will not happen

the pay out is a good thing - at least i get some breathing space - pm me if you want a chat x

mike

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

thanks guys for all your replies - Annie i have followed your posts and you seem like a lovely person so just give it time - i am xxxxxxxx

Thank you, I may just do that...Kitti :)

mikejames
10-05-13, 12:43

Spot-the-frog
10-05-13, 14:43
Hi Mike

Enjoy your holiday and then worry about job hunting. Are you going to look for something different to what you do now?

I have been off work for 8 weeks and have just been signed off again until the end of May. I was supposed to go back yesterday but had a blip last week and just couldn't do it. I am worried what my employer will say, so far they have been ok. If I was in the position to leave I would hand my notice in tomorrow but unfortunately financially I need to work to pay my mortgage etc.

Good luck with whatever you do x

Karen

Em.ma
10-05-13, 14:45
I am currently thinking of leaving my job to.
How I get treated and bullied is horrible .
I wish you the best of luck ans hope you find something else that's better for you :)

mikejames
10-05-13, 14:50
Hi guys - Yes I am going to concentrate on having a good holiday and i will but being the anxiety ridden worried person I am the spectre of no job will haunt me :scared15:but I could not have carried on where I was so onwards and upwards ...........