PDA

View Full Version : very scared after taking beta blocker

chl_hobbs
10-05-13, 19:51
please help me.... I had a funny episode on wednesday where I thought I was going to collapse. I went very dizzy, hot and heart was racing faster than it ever has. The woman I was with phoned an ambulance. Ive been having palpitations since jan, an echo,several ecgs and a heart disease blood test back in jan. These past 3 weeks have been awful though. Ive been getting a tight chest and felt awful. The consultant at hosp gave me.propranolol to try when I have an attack until I see a cardiologist. The consultant said he thought it was the phydical effects of non stop anxiety but wants a cardio to check also.

Well yesterday at 130pm I felt dizzy and heart was racing. I took my 10mg of propranolol and felt AWFUL. I felt so so tired, but was too scared to sleep,was even dizzier and heart was heavy.

Its been 30 hrs since I took that 10mg and my heart rate is still 78 (usually have a faster heartrate). My chest feels like its 'cloudy' and heavy. Im scared I have heart block. Im scared. I know I always get scared of meds but im scared its in my system and ive damaged my hwart and will die....

Will it be out of my body yet? Is it making me feel like this? Or is my anxiety bad? Im so dizzy still....but was dizzy before. I still feel awful though.

Charlotte

Kells81
10-05-13, 20:06
Propranolol only stays in the system for a few hours so it should definitely be out of your system by now.

chl_hobbs
11-05-13, 06:55
Still feel slow though. Dont like it at all :(