PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid

StanBWonderful
10-05-13, 21:47
Hi all,

I've been suffering from terrible anxiety for maybe three months now. About a week ago I started getting really bad fatigue, it started to feel like my body was made out of lead and I was incredible jittery and restless. I rushed to my doctor and he sent me off for a blood test. Turns out I have an overactive thyroid, which seems to be the root cause of all my recent anxiety.

I'm posting this just in case it's helpful, maybe it'll help someone work out why they're feeling the way they are :)

Stan

lifesfighter92
11-05-13, 22:29
Hi there , I was born without a thyroid and have been on medication since birth , in my life I have experienced both hypothyroidism - from not being on enough medication and hyperthyroidism - when my old doctor was foolish enough to put me on way to much , in hyperthyroidism may I add , I had the exact symptoms you talk about , feeling nervous , jittery , restless and unable to sleep, I also lost weight and always felt cold , although anxiety is present with both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism I would certainly rather be on not enough than too much thyroxine because hyperthyroidism is terrible and I can totally see your pain , there are many revolitionary treatments for aquired hyperthyroidism these days so I am sure the professionals will soon have you right , all the best and try not to worry if you can :)