PDA

View Full Version : Random twitches in bed

Eek
11-05-13, 08:49
So the last few nights trying to get to sleep I've started twitching randomly all over. Not a hypnic jerk but muscle twitches. My legs, my hands, my shoulders, my feet it can be anywhere, a sudden twitchy jerk. This morning when lying in bed I was getting them every minute or so and had to get up in the end because it was freaking me out. It's still doing it on and off during the day. I have no idea what is causing this, there is all sorts of things going through my mind. Maybe my electrolytes are out and I'm going to die, maybe it's to do with my high blood sugar (recent fasting glucose of 6.6) maybe it's rising even more, maybe it's brain damage from withdrawing from my tablets, maybe I have a brain tumour - the 'hidden' cancer I think I have because of my night sweats that no one has been able to find may be a brain tumor, all sorts of things.

Does anyone else ever get random twitches while lying in bed? Or does anyone think it could be because of some of the things I've listed?

fluff
11-05-13, 08:53
Hello im sure its anxiety when I went through a period of high anxiety I developed this and have had blood tests ecg allsorts all fine. I still have these twitches aswell 2 years on but they not as bad as they were :-)

Gee
11-05-13, 09:10
I agree also when u go to bed - your mind wonders, like if you have been busy all day no time to think and then u get in bed - u think more and get anxious! Try reading to fall asleep or keeping the tv on that way your mind is occupied Hun
Xx

Eek
12-05-13, 09:33
Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately what worries me is that I've been anxious for over a year and a half and not had these twitches, but they've only really started the last few days. My husband also says that I sometimes twitch in my sleep so I worry that I'm having seizures :(

Bond Girl
12-05-13, 10:54
Sounds like restless legs - I get it quite a bit, but not just in my legs & I scare the life out of my hubby in the night sometimes!! :blush: Try changing your bedtime routine & drinking honey & chamomile tea, no TV, avoid caffeine & fizzy drinks after 1pm & try & relax for half an hour with a book before you try to sleep. If you feel the urge to move your legs, just do it!! Wiggle them about if it helps, even though you may feel like a bit of a loony! Lol!

The above all work for me x x

Lissa101
12-05-13, 11:26
I have these and they started about 8 weeks after my anxiety hit (1 year ago now). I was convinced I had MS but, other than being annoying, they are harmless x