PDA

View Full Version : new member...advice needed pls

Sasha 2012
11-05-13, 10:43
Hi I'm new and I'm really having problems after a bad marriage breakup going through alot I have been on 15mgs mirtazipine for 2years it helps me sleep but I'm do anxious on this med tried to come off before but was a nightmare ,my MD has said to try lexapro,5mgs at first then increase it agrees with me I'm a little afraid to go on 2meds but did read others on this med just can't handle the panic attacks and anxiety for much longer
Is there others here with this combo.....need advice badly as I'm don't want to end up in a mental hospital ,I haven't worked in 6 weeks with health problems.........my doc says cos I'm withdrawing from long term use of benzos ,this may help pls help me I'm lost

Annie0904
11-05-13, 18:33
I don't take the same meds as you so can't really advise there but just wanted to say Welcome to NMP

Audiofreakz
12-05-13, 17:32
Hi Sasha. I was on a combination of mirtazipine and an ssri for a good few months and had the opposite to you. I felt less anxious on these but the down side and the reason why I came off these was the increase in body weight! I could not stop eating on these!! I'd get a hunger attack!!
I came off these whilst tapering of one SSRI and onto another ( Escitalopram onto Paroxetine ) at the same time and if memory recalls it was hard work. Lots of symptoms mostly dizziness and panic/anxiety, but IT DOES GET BETTER as time goes by.
I hope this helps and you can find some courage in these words.

Sasha 2012
15-05-13, 12:29
Thanks so much for yr nice words I got so sick from this drug doctor put me on hospital I got serrition syndrome,and crashed badly I'm sensitive to meds just thought they may help while coming off mirtz but must just try and handle the anxiety and come off mirtz slowly,just wanted an easy way ,but there never is with drugs I want to be free off them all one day ,for me I won't stress too much cos it just does yr head on
Thanks Sasha