PDA

View Full Version : please help cant cope

luke7
11-05-13, 16:03
hi all im new to this im luke a 34 year old passionate about life male what im experiacing at the momment is just horrendous yeah ive had trauma in my life bullying losing my dad 3 years ago drugs when i was 17 for about 7 months but ive had councilin psycologist in the past been on loads of various meds was put on seroxat at 19 years old horrendous finally got off it at 32 years old due to overlapping it with prozac and weaning myself off it on the liquid formula the prozac worked for about a year and half maybe abit less and then stopped working then doctor put me on setraline that didnt work citralpram neither did that beta blockers for palps that didnt work now im on nothing for two months now and not coping but dont want to be on tablets for the rest of my life ive also had an ecg that came back normal but the symptoms ive been having in the last year and half i cant cope with it starts everyday with numbness at the back of my head tightness at the back of my head tingling creepy crawly sensations at the top of my head cold random flashes under my skin finger tips legs behind the eyes everywhere! then it begins the burning starts at the back of my head with pricking sting pains to the point i end up in tears scratching vigeriously all over my head this is most days but the worst what im really really cant cope with is the sudden horrendous sinking dropping feeling my body has shut down abit like if your in a elevator and your going down i get about 4 a day and just freeze till its gone away!i can be in a positive mood talking sitting walking reading anything it just comes on when it wants to and ive had enough ive had blood tests seen a neurologist ecg all fine had cbt accupunture massages hypnotherapy all cost money tried everything do i go back on meds just at loss idont know what to do anymore .:hugs:x much love luke

jelly2010
11-05-13, 17:37
Hi Luke :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through.
Have you explained the way you are currently feeling to your GP? I'm sure there is some help they can offer you, it just doesn't seem they have found the right approach yet.
I'm sure you'll find good support on this site.
J x

Annie0904
11-05-13, 18:24
Hi Luke, you have come to the right place and I am sure you will find lots of support here.

luke7
11-05-13, 23:26
Yes I've been to gp diagnosed with panic depression all doctors do is prescribe tablets I'm not depressed I'm depressed with feeling like this ! I've tried everything and I mean everything so please if any one has any answers other than have you seen your gp I'm not trying to funny ive just had enough I want to know what is this sinking feeling extreme head burning thats all the neurologist is totally convinced it is trauma and not a physical problem and I've accepted this I'm sorry if I seem abit off I just want abit of closure on this these symptoms are stopping my life i eat we'll sleep not too bad could it be some sort of nerve damage i just don't know I'm totally at a loss right now .

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Sorry for my last reply I'm not myself at the momment much love xx

Annie0904
12-05-13, 10:04
Luke I know anxiety is such an awful feeling and it doesnt just go over night. It takes time to heal. The first step to healing is accepting it is anxiety. It helps to drink chamomile tea about 4 times a day. a healthy diet and plenty of fresh air. exercise helps. I really hope you get some relief from this soon x

luke7
12-05-13, 20:45
thanks annie much apreciated xi will try the chamomile tea x

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

i just want my life back and to travel and to go out with my mates for a drink im not a big drinker x

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

im ready a life at last i reccomend it to everyone x

Annie0904
12-05-13, 20:48
You will get your life back...it takes time to heal though. Have you had CBT?

luke7
12-05-13, 20:59
yes i have it was good but never finished it due to the person i was seeing decided she was leaving so i was waiting to see someone else and never heard anything again :(

Annie0904
12-05-13, 21:00
I would ask your GP to refer you again especially if you felt it was helping you.

luke7
12-05-13, 21:05
yes i have its a six month waiting list :( but im waiting and the neurologist has put a note to my gp saying i need it what does chamomile tea do?

Annie0904
12-05-13, 21:09
Chamomile tea is calming. You don't put milk in it, just drink it as it is. You my find the taste strange at first but you will get used to it. Bach rescue remedy is also very good and you can buy it in most chemists. There is an online CBT course. CBT4panic http://ct-online-info.com

luke7
12-05-13, 21:28
thanks i will look into that annie and i will try the tea much appreciated .have your ever had that sudden dropping feeling ?

Annie0904
12-05-13, 21:35
You mean like a dark cloud has just come over your head? That is how I describe it anyway. Yes many times :(

lisa1975
12-05-13, 21:42
I drink calamine tea aswell does help I joined the gym best thing I ever done an when out an about if I'm having a bad day I stick my iPod on an music really helps me nothing like a bit of David guetta when I'm having an off day lol x

luke7
12-05-13, 21:44
no like your body as just stopped and your sinking into the ground abit like going down in a elevator thats what i cant cope with :((ive had a look at that cbt it wont let me download zip files on my laptop?

Annie0904
12-05-13, 21:57
You may have to download a programme to unzip files.

luke7
12-05-13, 22:11
yeah i will look into it thanks going now feel like crap x

robinhall
12-05-13, 23:53
Hi Luke

Can you explain what you mean that your computer wont let you download zip files?

Do you man you can't open the zip files

If you dont have winzip you could try a free alternative called jzip

www.jzip.com/

hope that helps
Robin

keithwms
13-05-13, 15:51
Hi Luke, sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time. I note real sincerity in your writing though, and you seem genuine and open. Thus I suspect that you're going to be able to connect with some friends who can help and stand by you. Can you start setting some goals.. things to look forward to...

amyskye
13-05-13, 21:47
hi im 19 year old female and have very bad panic attacks for 3 years now
i have went threw different stages of my panics for 2 weeks i had a headache which i thought it was a brian tumor and then it turned to stiff neck and face pain jaw ache which i thought was a stroke and the most symptom i worry on ONLY is my heart racing and missing beats !!!!! it TERRIFIES ME so i also went threw a stage of making my self sick about 5 times a day and sleeping threw the day and being up al night for some reason i felt safer in light i have been to hospital so many times for my heart rate beating up to 230mpb i make my self ill by worrying over thinking far to much and waiting for a panic to come on i could never leave the house (BEDROOM) tell every body was in bed and i used to be fine when it pasted 12am as it was early morning i no its weird but thats what made me feel safe day light .... all that has passed me im 20 in sep now im moving first time leaving home and iv been panicking so bad when i have a panic attack i need to get out leave and walk i CAN NOT KEEP STILL at all !!
it worrys me that incase i have one and i need to get out i carnt for my baby and it makes me worse as im for from family but i have to do this as anxiety will take back over of course this is of me takeing drugs when i was 16 and blacking out and being out of control of my body and thinking i was going to die im paying for it now and its been the bigist mistake of my life¬
i will never touch them agian :)

i am also on beta blockers that work for me

i get
very very very fast heart rate
sweaty hands / feet/ arm pits
dry mouth
very wide eyes alert much more
heart beat threw my head
some times my ears will burn and cheeks they go bright red
my belly makes me ill feel sick
very shaky like im having a fit
loads of palpations find these to be more strong when arugeing are tired
bad negitive thinking al the time
tingels in foot even when not panicing ??????????