PDA

View Full Version : Tummy Ache and acid

Worrychick
11-05-13, 17:01
Does anyone get tummy ache around their middle region? This is really worrying me. I've been given tablets to block acid and its working for my upper stomach but still getting an achey bloated feeling in my middle (belly button region). Worried this is something more serious and waiting for another appt on Friday when I see my normal Dr. I have no reflux, can you have acid without the reflux and can it be in your lower tummy region too...really appreciate an answer as so very very anxious which is making it ten times worse....:((((

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif:wacko:

Dazza
12-05-13, 09:34
I"ve been having the same problem recently.... I had acid problems in stomach, diagnosed with gastritis... but also been getting discomfort in bellow area, which when it happens makes my right leg go numb and sometimes a bit dizzy... had blood tests and ultrasound on abdomen... so they concluded, it was due to gastritis / stress. :)

flori
12-05-13, 09:47
Good Morning all,
Dazza a family member was recently diagnosed with gastritis, after endoscopy. Could you tell me what causes it please. if you know.

clairejayne
12-05-13, 10:57
Does anyone get tummy ache around their middle region? This is really worrying me. I've been given tablets to block acid and its working for my upper stomach but still getting an achey bloated feeling in my middle (belly button region). Worried this is something more serious and waiting for another appt on Friday when I see my normal Dr. I have no reflux, can you have acid without the reflux and can it be in your lower tummy region too...really appreciate an answer as so very very anxious which is making it ten times worse....:((((

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif:wacko:

I am getting real stomach problems, acid pain and discomfort, it feels as if my heart is beating in my stomach. Make me feel shakey and dizzy at times. I do also worry something else is wronv. Must be part of it all. :scared15:

Dazza
12-05-13, 12:06
Good Morning all,
Dazza a family member was recently diagnosed with gastritis, after endoscopy. Could you tell me what causes it please. if you know.

Mine is usually (I've had it 4-5 times) caused by stress... I one had a case caused by H. Pylori bacteria, which was treated by antibiotic... They usually check for the presence of that bacteria when doing the endoscopy.... the bacteria test is called CLO-TEST.

My current case is caused by stress due to relationship break up... am on Nexium 20mg twice a day.. sometimes my gastritis can last a few short weeks, or months... this time, I"ve had it for 3 months.

I think a few things can cause it apart from bacteria or stress... you can find out more about it via Wikipedia.org. :)

flori
12-05-13, 13:44
Thanks Dazza, So it can clear up. I will have a look at wikipedia.:)

I had a look and believe I have found the answer. She was prescribed and has taken ibuprofen for years.

Worrychick
12-05-13, 18:45
Thanks Dazza, one thing is for sure I am stressed at the moment and the longer this goes on the more stressed I am; It is making me feel quite panicky....I burp alot too and get tummy spasms as well as aching nagging pain.....Perpaps it is gatritis then... seeing a Dr on Friday again as acid tablets not working for lower tum although upper region is okay. Thanks for replying. :)