PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety's died down, but I can't shift the negative thoughts

Snoodlester
11-05-13, 19:15
My anxiety's died down a lot this afternoon, even to the point where I might say it's gone. I went to the shop with Mum earlier and was browsing around the fairly busy supermarket and still didn't feel any anxiety. But all the time my mind seemed to be 'searching' for the anxiety/symptoms. I tried to tell myself that it's good, and I should think of this positively, but I think I've been anxious for so long my brain can't compute!! I'm trying to remember what I thought about when I didn't think about anxiety, but I can't remember... :doh:

ally2013
11-05-13, 19:34
what medication do u take ansd how long have u had anxiety if u dont mind me asking

Snoodlester
11-05-13, 19:37
No I don't mind. My doctor switched me from Citalopram to Mirtazapine in February. I've had general anxiety for a couple of years which was manageable, but it became uncontrollable in February, but I think/hoping I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel..

ally2013
11-05-13, 19:47
glad its working out for you iv been on mirtazipine for 3 months im now on quetiapine also still not myself tho

Snoodlester
11-05-13, 21:16
What dosage are you on? Mine's been upped to 45mg. Every time I speak to a/the doctor I'm told, well they should be working by now, but it's taken a long time. Hang in there