PDA

View Full Version : Support in the Glasgow area, want to meet up?

heidi26
01-10-03, 16:27
Hi guys, looks like I have found a good place to get some info. I am 26, and it all started this weekend just gone, my partner took me away to the highlands for the weekend, we were out on Friday evening in the local, I had far too much to drink, the next day we were in the car taking in the lovely view, I was feeling hung over, my partner pulled over to check some directions, and I suddenly became very aware of my heart beat being very strong, I felt dizzy like I was going to black out, I was getting very hot and felt confused and then my heart started to race very fast, I thought it was going to expload, I remember just before it started I needed air and went to get out of the car, but then it all happened. I told my partner to call am ambulance as I thought I was having a heart attack, problems was we were in the middle of noware!! we had to drive for about a mile to get to a village to get the name for the 999 operator, it felt like forever. I doctor arrived after about 15mins then the ambluance, we went to the local doctors and he checked me out and said I had a panic attack. I am really freaked out I as I have never suffered anything like this before, since then I have been feeling very light headed, confused, I feel sometimes like its going to happen again like I have butterflies but of a scary kind. A similar things happened on the Saturday night also, and we were once again in the middle of noware, but the lady in the resturant was very helpful and called a doctor, he said I was suffering from a viral infection!! The first doctor gave me tablets to help keep me calm, enough for a couple of days, they kind of worked. So I am back at home no in Glasgow and went to my doctor yesterday, she said that I am suffering from panic attacks, and has told me to meetings for stress, she explained that my body is producing too much adrenalin. I am confused as to why tho, I was ok before that happened now I feel terrible, I don't want to go out as I fear it will happen again, I was in the shop yesterday and felt it starting to happen, luckily I took some deep breaths and it stopped. Does anyone no of any support groups in the Glasgow area, or are they alot of folks or afew who would like to meet up, I think it would be very benaficial to meet with others and talk about this as I feel as if I am lost, an unsure whats happening and why. Please contact me if you feel the same or have any advice. Thanks alot Heidi tiffanysharp2000@yahoo.co.uk

nomorepanic
02-10-03, 11:55
Hi Heidi

My attacks started in exactly the same way as yours (have you read "My story" on the main website)? I too was hung over and co-incidentally I was driving home from Glasgow.

Unforunately for me the docs never diagnosed it as Panic Attacks and I went untreated for 2 years so by that time I was really bad. It is good that you have been diagnosed early so you can get on top of it straight away!

If you can't find anyone in the area to meet up with then try the online Chat room - we are there after 9pm usually.

Good to see you here :-)

Nicola