PDA

View Full Version : ive been feeling bad

paul
23-06-04, 17:10
hello everyone,i occaisionally post on here,but ill recap my situation as theres many people i dont know.

ive felt like ive slipped a bit of recent times my anxiety is playing up .it hasnt really gone away but i feel it goes through worse phases than other times.i have ocd too,which is related to my anxiety,im waiting for treatment with that area of my problem.

i suppose i feel my attacks can vary ,but i get very edgy recently,and ive had attacks within the last couple of days ,quite significant ones.if its not an attack then its feeling on edge.ive had this problem for quite a while now and although ive read and heard quite a lot about anxiety and its attributes,i still find it hard to deal with sometimes.ill probably post the symptoms in the catergory ,i would say its mainly dizziness,disorientated and surges of panic.(which im sure you are familiar with).

anyway ill round it off for now ,take care all,if i can offer advice ill try,or if you have any it would be appreciated:)

take care all paul

Tessie28
23-06-04, 17:17
Paul,
you will get loads of help here. My doctor was only saying today that the important thing is to recognise the anxiety/panic for what it is. The power of thought is so important.

Anyway take care and try not worry [:I]
love Tess

seh1980
23-06-04, 19:01
Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear you've been going through a rough patch. I go through them quite often as well for no reason. But try not to worry too much as there will be good patches as well...Maybe you could try to take your mind off things by doing things you really enjoy like cooking, reading or excercise. It works for me.
Take care and good luck!!

Sarah (seh1980)

Meg
23-06-04, 22:50
Hi Paul,

Blips are very common.
Do read First Steps under Introductiosn to see if there is anything there you can incorporate into your day.

With your OCD are you struggling with your complusions or your obsessive thoughts most ?

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

paul
29-06-04, 00:00
tess,sarah,and meg,thanks for replying.when i do get anxious,which is a lot at the moment,i try to focus on something like my drawing or music,its hard sometimes though.

i had an anxiety this evening and still feel crappy,very jittery,i sometimes get very lost with it all ,and wonder if i can deal with them better.i have had some therapy in the past ,and i used to be on medication,i considered trying it again and tried some,but i felt terribleas much,i know its due to side efffects but i couldnt handle it.

sorry if im typing bad its just i feel very anxious still,and a bit phased.

to answer your question meg i wouls say its quite even between obbbsesive thoughts and compulsions ,its more compulsions when i go to go out,the usual rituals.

i find this forum useful and hope to speak soon bye

paul

stimpy
29-06-04, 11:50
Sorry you aren't feeling yourself at the moment.

These blips can happen to the best of us.
Some times they last a few hours, sometimes longer.

It is good that you are trying to keep yourself busy and think about other things.

Hopefully this blip will pass soon and you will start to feel better.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Meg
29-06-04, 17:53
Which is the trigger - the OCD symptoms where the obsessions upset you or anxiety which leads to further compulsions ?

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

paul
30-06-04, 13:15
well its a good question meg.at this moment i would say its the anxiety which is the main issue ,as i dont reallly do much to tackle the compulsions and rituals.but its true that the obbsesive thoughts do play a part,actually its quite difficult to pinpoint the catalyst ,which is a bit tricky,i know its to face the problem head on and deal with it ,it can be tough [:.

i suppose to assess my situation the anxiety levels go up and down ,more up ,but my ocd is constant,a personal battle in a different way.

if i could somehow deal with the physical symptoms of anxiety i could perhaps tackle my ocd ,which hopefully would decrease.i should really post more on ocd section as well.

thanks for the post liz,its hard to say when these blips come and go for,but i know what you mean.i still see my mates and try and do things,as tough as it can be sometimes.i take any words of support or advice from anyone on this forum with grattitude as we can all realate to it in some way or another,and its not everyday you get to talk to people about it.for i a long time i felt isolated with this problem,unaware that many people had this problemif we can help each other then its a start.

take care for now

paul

lilac kitten
30-06-04, 13:55
Paul,

I don't know much about you, but have there been any specific changes in your life recently like new job, or relationship. Are you quite an insecure person? Also do you feel that if you don't do something with the OCD that something bad will happen? What are your thought processes when doing these things and when do you have the thoughts or compulsions?

Anxiety is horrible because it can come from within without you actually thinking about anything i.e. butterflies in your tummy. But this is natural and most people suffer, only people like us are more sensitive to the feelings and emotions, but then we are sensitive caring people.

I personally think you are doing really well with coping. You've recognised the symptoms, you are aware of how you feel and you want to move on. I know it sounds boring but I used to find Jigsaw puzzles helped as I had something else to think about and concentrate on (that was with trying to combat very bad morning sickness).

Pilates is good for both fitness and relaxation as the breathing you do in Pilates is the correct way to breathe for panic attacks, so even if you do a couple of classes you'll get the hang of the breathing.

Good luck
Ruth
x

paul
30-06-04, 20:51
hello ruth thanks for the post.i would say that there havent been any major changes in my life of recent times,i havent work for some time now because of my problem,i feel i wouldnt handle it well,but i have ambition to work (with my artwork anyway).nor am i in a relation so i guess its more to do with there not being any changes.

i do try and do things when im anxious,it can sometimes be hard when my concentration goes out the window,i usually draw or watch something.

to answer your other questions i wouldnt say im not insecure as such,i am not phased by others judging me,but i do get feel trapped sometimes,maybe that might be a similar thing.my ocd is a frustrating problem and id say its more like i am more plagued by bad things happening if i resist ocd,but from past experience ive tackled some of it pretty well ,but its sticking to it thats the hardest part.the thoughts tend to bother me the most when im about to leave my flat,i make sure things are ....right....before i go ,checking things and also thoughts too,but other parts of the day too.

that pilates technique sounds interesting ,i think i might need to practice things like that more,is it like yoga or something?

take care

paul

nomorepanic
30-06-04, 20:54
Hi Paul

Nice to see you again - why not come back in the chat room and catch up with us all.

Would be good to hear from you again and we may be able to cheer you up.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time.

xx

Nicola

paul
30-06-04, 21:03
hello nicola,id like to go in the chat room but at the moment i cant seem to go in there.my computer is a bit knackered at the moment so that might have something to do with it.my mates going to sort this dilemma out for me so i should be in there soon.

give my regards to the other chatters nicola .

thanks for the post

take care

paul

nomorepanic
30-06-04, 21:07
Hiya Paul

I will tell them all you said hi. Hope you can sort the PC thing out so you can come back and see u.

You can still post here so I can keep up with how you are anyway.

xx

Nicola

andrew
30-06-04, 23:47
hi paul, sorry to read you've not been feeling too good and hopefully just by sharing, your feelings will have picked up abit.
i'd advise keep on sharing, dont isolate yourself and enjoy your art, hopefully it will level itself out soon enough.
take care andrew