PDA

View Full Version : Cyst Worries :(

ReissG
12-05-13, 09:58
Okay so on the front of my neck slightly above the adams apple and a little to the right I have a little ball under the skin, it's attached to the lower skin and not the top layer, it moves around when you press on it. I had it looked at a few months ago and my Doctor fiddled with it for about 30 seconds and said it is a little cyst called sebaceous cyst. I was confused by this diagnosis because every cyst like this I've seen can actually be seen and has a yellow head, where as mine feels like a pea sized sphere under the skin and cannot be seen, only felt.

Well I left it alone untii last week when I remember it and had a quick feel and it felt the same so I left it alone, then yesterday when I felt it, it felt bigger, I started to panic and playing with it, sometimes I would feel it and it would feel very hard and bigger then usual, but then I would feel it again and it would feel like it usually does. Today after waking up the ball feels really hard and is painful, like pushing down on a bruise, I don't think it's any bigger and my boyfriend said it feels better then last night. I just wwanted to ask if cysts feel like this? I worried it was a swollen lymph node but my Dr said we don't have any in the area I have this cyst.

What do you think? :(

Munchlet
12-05-13, 11:40
I would say it's probably the feeling and prodding that's made it sore or it could be coming to a head?

I had one on my breast once, I'd had a spot which didn't come to a head and it left a lump just as you are describing. Mine didn't have a yellow head and the doctor actually squeezed it really hard to try and disperse it but it wouldn't. In the end it just got slowly smaller and went. It did take a few months though.

It doesn't sound like anything to worry about and your doctor would know the difference between a lymph node and a cyst but if its still painful after a few days of you not touching it then maybe get it checked again, it may be infected and you might just need some antibiotics to clear it.