PDA

View Full Version : anxouse all the time

tricia56
12-05-13, 12:20
is any one aniouse all the time, as i am like it all the time everyday and have been like this for 8yrs or more i dont take meds and have had cbt twice and i just dont know why im like this , i try to think what has caused me to be this way and have asked my gp but cant seem to get any answers. ive had alot of things happen over the last 13 yrs or so . so not sure if they are the reasons why im like this now , i do all the things your suposed to do like relaxation everday go for a walk and try and distract myself but the anxiety is allways with me . and i just want to know if anyone has the anxiety all the time like me as i feel that its not anxiety is something else mentaly wrong with me as i dont know any one else who feels anxiuose all the time and id any one can explain why im still lke it and if i will always be like this as it it get me so down thk you

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

always worry when i dont get a reply because it makes me think i am the only one like it

Rennie1989
12-05-13, 13:01
I used to be anxious all the time. I am months and months away from any kind of therapy and I needed to take a handle on it myself. So this is what I learned.

Do things that take your mind away. I love creative writing, it is who I am, so during episodes of anxiety I get my pen and paper (or laptop) out and start writing. I often use the anxiety as a vice, I write about it.

Give yourself praise. My tutor taught me at college that every criticism needs four praises to undo. Remember to praise yourself more, give yourself a pat on the back. Stop telling yourself you're stupid or a failure, because you're not.