PDA

View Full Version : Hard lump below back of ear, in neck. Worried!

Mipsy
12-05-13, 13:30
Hi, I'm new to No More Panic. It's been very helpful reading some posts. I've suffered from HA for 10 years now, since the birth of my first child. I've had some CBT and I'm better than I was, but occasionally some symptom brings it hurtling back!
For a while now I've had a hard lump on the right side of my neck, just below my main ear bone. It's brick hard and not shaped like a pea. Just a large lump. I put it down to dental work I've had over the past year (root canal). However, it's still there. Constantly touching it doesn't help either.
I also have a clicky jaw which could be due to dental problems (grinding at night). Inside my ear crackles. It also feel quite sinusy on my right side. My right eye weeps and gets blurry.
I went to the docs on Friday and he suggested I had a blocked eustachian tube and has prescribed me beconase steroid nasal spray. I'm also taking sudafed. It has helped a little but my ear is still blocked. I feel like I just want it to pop. I still have the hard lump.
A friend has leant me a facial steamer which I may try later.
My HA is telling me the hard lump which has been there for a good few months is something sinister. I stupidly googled adenoid cancer!
Has anyone else had similar symptoms I.e. hard lump, blocked sinus and ear tube and weeping, blurry eye?
Thank you all in advance :0)

Bond Girl
12-05-13, 13:53
A raised lump behind the back of your ear could be your lymph nodes. Mine always come up when I'm run down or have any sort of illness or infection. It feels rock hard & sometimes feels tender & sometimes not.
Try looking up a 'manual lymphatic drainage facial' on YouTube & doing it on yourself. This might help to release some tension & congestion around your sinuses/eyes/ears. Sweep outwards to the ears & then down the neck, into the chest & out into the armpits. Hope it helps to ease things x x

Mipsy
12-05-13, 14:35
Hi BG,
I've just Googled and found a YouTube clip showing how I could do the massage on myself. Just given it a go and will keep trying.
Thanks for your advice x