PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety's making me bitter

Snoodlester
12-05-13, 19:23
Is it me, or does anxiety make you bitter? I know I've become addicted to NMP because I find it helpful to know there are others who can relate to what you're going through.

I used to be on FaceBook all the time, but since my anxiety's become so bad I can't bear it. Everyone seems so happy - getting on with their lives, posting about babies, getting married, going to gigs - basically having a good time. I just feel I'm never going to have any of this, and it's really upsetting me.

theharvestmouse
12-05-13, 19:26
Yes it can do, I've been there, the times I've had people telling me about so and so is getting married, or their having a baby and deep down its like a knife jabbing into my heart. I have learnt to not let it get to me and now I'm out there trying to forge my own life so that I can have the things I want, a wife, kids, etc.

I know how it feels.

ally2013
12-05-13, 19:31
sorry to invade but im realy stressed out i cant seem to post a new thread or anything please help

Snoodlester
12-05-13, 19:32
What's up Ally?

inCOGnito
12-05-13, 19:42
Trouble with Facebook is that people generally post happy/fun things so you get a very narrow and bias reflection of 'their lives'. It isn't always accurate and I would guess that for many it's an ego boost.

Of course you get the odd person who always posts critical and negative posts but you ignore those people.

Bond Girl
12-05-13, 20:15
People on FB lie!! Lol! I'm just as bad - I could be having the worst day ever & I'd never post it on Facebook & let people know I'm not coping. In fact I put the opposite!! Not to deceive people, but if other people believe it, maybe I can believe it too x x

daisydaisy
12-05-13, 20:21
Totally agree with that Facebook is complete b/s 90% of the time. When I'm feeling bad with anx/panic I don't tend to look at it as it just makes me worse- I also hate that it means you are contactable 24/7 - when I'm not feeling good I like to just be left alone!

lashes
12-05-13, 20:44
Completely agree I get so jealous to the point where I deleted it I can't help feeling like this ! X

busybee09
18-05-13, 20:58
Yes it makes me terribly bitter. The other day i took my social anxieties stress out on my bf and had a huge break down in the park, we havent spoken for a day .

Oh anxiety...

Lilharry
19-05-13, 04:46
I know the feeling. Sometimes you just need to stay away from it until you're in the right headspace. No point subjecting yourself to something that makes you feel awful.

Rennie1989
19-05-13, 09:58
I post happy things on Facebook because I want to give people an impression that I am actually happy, even if I'm not at the time. Tbh I get fed up of friends on Facebook who post the same old negative rubbish every day which doesn't need to be and shouldn't be on Facebook (often about dad's not seeing their children or about so-and-so from work).

The beauty of social networking is that you can hide behind your profile and come across as who ever you want to be. I happily admit that I am a geek who enjoys reading, writing, Marvel and knitting. I get ups and downs like anybody else does but I don't put it on Facebook because I don't want to be seen as miserable or fragile. You make people believe you are someone else.

bernie1977
19-05-13, 10:11
I too get bitter sometimes as I just want to be 'normal'. Go where I want whenever I want but the anxiety lead to me becoming agoraphobic.

flori
19-05-13, 11:42
Natty are you still not speaking to b/f. It`s a shame to fall out over wedding arrangements.

Steve37
19-05-13, 15:36
Is it me, or does anxiety make you bitter? I know I've become addicted to NMP because I find it helpful to know there are others who can relate to what you're going through.

I used to be on FaceBook all the time, but since my anxiety's become so bad I can't bear it. Everyone seems so happy - getting on with their lives, posting about babies, getting married, going to gigs - basically having a good time. I just feel I'm never going to have any of this, and it's really upsetting me.

Yea, very and angry too!

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

I post happy things on Facebook because I want to give people an impression that I am actually happy, even if I'm not at the time. Tbh I get fed up of friends on Facebook who post the same old negative rubbish every day which doesn't need to be and shouldn't be on Facebook (often about dad's not seeing their children or about so-and-so from work).

The beauty of social networking is that you can hide behind your profile and come across as who ever you want to be. I happily admit that I am a geek who enjoys reading, writing, Marvel and knitting. I get ups and downs like anybody else does but I don't put it on Facebook because I don't want to be seen as miserable or fragile. You make people believe you are someone else.

Take them off your timeline:yesyes:

damopanther
19-05-13, 20:44
bitterness has now entered my life too, never had it before and find it uncomfortable, i was advised by a so called friend a few years ago to go on it, so i did, and thought it was great at first, then i started getting addicted to it, and trying to be funny all the time! most of the time i wasnt!, anyway i have deleted friends and then added them the next day! analysing everyone on it! record was i deleted and added someone 9 times! i was mentioning on face book that i was looking for a new pet, and my so called friend commented that i need to get a life, and get out and party, which was the last thing i neede to do, anyway we are no longer friends and i deleted facebook for good! you can be friends with a person on facebook, but that person wont say hello in the street, mad but true!, cheers, damo

sarahsarah
19-05-13, 22:32
Have you noticed what wonderful lives everyone on our Facebook timelines is having? An endless stream of holidays, parties, nights out, weddings, etc? No one is ever miserable or even a bit down, they all have high-flying careers and everyone looks so fantastically young and attractive on their profile pics. It's all carefully engineered to make their lives look exciting. No one ever really posts about the boring, mundane stuff unless it is to complain about it getting in the way of their usually exciting life.

I'm as guilty of just posting the good things and even then bigging them up, as anyone, but after about 6/7 years of it, I have pretty much given up on it. I'd delete my Facebook profile tomorrow if I didn't have so many photo albums on it. (Originally posted to show off, I suppose). There's not a bad photo in there, they were all carefully selected by me to make my life and me look great. I haven't got copies of most of them either, so I am stuck with leaving my account open (which is I suppose what FB want)

Thank goodness there was no such thing as FB when I was in my teens and early twenties, I don't think I could have coped! Take it all with a pinch of salt. Our FB timeline is only really telling us one side of the story xx

Rennie1989
20-05-13, 09:36
Take them off your timeline:yesyes:

They are on my friends list for a reason, because they are my friends :winks: