PDA

View Full Version : Men breast cancer

unsure_about_this
12-05-13, 20:13
I have so many worries and breast cancer fear has come up yet again. I am male.

Even though male breast cancer is rare, its still worries me. I have not found anything, but worry about everything

Even though I do check myself regularly (with the odd reminder how to do it from my mum) even my mum checked me out to show me how to do self exam for it.

I am 29 with no breast cancer male or female in the family, with the thing in the paper that more females under 50 are being diagnosed with breast cancer these days. (I try and not read the stats about ages, on cancer research website) nor daily mail online about male breast cancer.

I am due to get some help because this amount of worrying is possible making me feel like HA is going through the roof and stress out. I am eating well and I don't think I loss weight (even though different scales say different things) The doctor who I went to see two weeks ago says I can get help, and lucky I made an appointment with the same doctor last week (thankful online I can at least pick who I would like to see, however when you worry about your health I don't mind which doctor I see male or female) if the doctor knows their stuff and now their are aware about my HA, tests are always in place if needed.

It is also the no cancer symptom of any type of cancer I am afraid of, being 29 nearly 30. It far too much Google and looking up these websites about the big c word.

Mipsy
12-05-13, 22:28
Hi there,
I'm female and had breast cancer worries. I'm also younger than 50. I went for a mammogram and ultrasound a year ago. Whilst I was there, the consultant showed me how to examinemy breast correctly. My advice is to ask your GP to show you. That way, you know what you are looking and feeling for. Cancerous lumps tend to be hard and fixed. Many of the lumps we feel in our breasts (male or female) are normal breast tissue.
Also an orange peel effect (not goosebumps!), inverted nipples, nipple discharge, or any other noticeable changes such as size or shape can all be signs to look out for.
I'm sure you are fine but to put your mind at rest, see your doc and also see if you can get some CBT for your HA.
Good luck.

Mr m anxious
13-05-13, 14:55
Had you had blood tests?

unsure_about_this
13-05-13, 15:20
Hi many thanks to your replies both of you.

I have had a blood test a few weeks ago because I been told I got IBS/ but still worried about bowel cancer etc. All my blood test came back clear in what their tested for. plus one abdominal ultrasound which was fine.

Mr m anxious
13-05-13, 15:30
If you had any sort of cancer your blood tests would be all over the place, you'd have high White cells and if this was the case the doctor would have referred you for a ct or MRI scan. You don't have cancer so don't worry. Not that I can talk about worrying my scare is ms despite being told of four docs I'm unlikely to have it! Anxiety is a shitter!