PDA

View Full Version : Worried about ovarian cancer

Kitty Cat
12-05-13, 20:52
Im a life long sufferer of Health Anxiety, started in my teens Now 56 worried about OC have lost 3 friends to it in the last two years. How common is it? Bit worried as I have a funny tugging sensation low down on left side and ache which spreads into groin, this has been going on for over week now. Also have a mild infection,down below, not sure if it is UTI or thrush, going for a routine smear test this week not sure whether to see GP or wait and mention all to nurse doing smear. Had a cervical polyp removed last year and had pelvic and intravaginal scans done then of all gynae "bits" all tests clear. any advice please?

Annie0904
12-05-13, 21:03
This is also one of my worries. I am 55 and lost one my friends to OC age 45. If you ask your gp will do a blood test for it. I had a blood test done recently and thankfully it was clear.

Mipsy
12-05-13, 22:18
I'm sure what you describe could be down to your UTI. Your glands will be swollen in your groin maybe causing the pain.
If you have had a recent polyp removed, I presume via a hysteroscopy, then the doc would have seen signs on your ovaries.
Keep a diary of your symptoms and if you are still worried in afew weeks, then see your doc to get an ultrasound.
I'm sure it will be fine x