PDA

View Full Version : Here to say hello!

Jonny87
12-05-13, 23:38
Hey everyone, thought I could do for a change after spending my whole weekend watching various sitcoms to keep myself sane!

Anywho, I'm Jonny, 25, based in West yorkshire. Had a difficult few months which I'm slowly pushing through. I recently moved into my own place for the first time, the greatest decision of my life as I don't have to feel obliged to make an effort for other people. Not in an arrogant way, being occasionally social and having a small group of close friends is very important to me, although more space and independence was definitely needed. Though I must say I've become somewhat of a social recluse and have chosen to ignore some of my previous housemates who just weren't fun to be around.

Anyway I had an accident a few months ago which really changed me. I became almost scared to go outside and for months and to this day I regret some decisions from my past that I've made. Usually I'm a happy person who loves to make people laugh, who takes walks, visit new places, go on my bike etc plus I've always tried to take care of myself... hardly drink, never done drugs, dont smoke, although things happen I guess which has lead me to where I am. I have some big decisions to make within the next few months regarding even further education, which with todays costs requires me to spend all of my savings, it's the best decision for my future, but knowing what I've been like recently, I've never been so scared!

I joined this forum as I hope to meet similar people. I'm sure there are many individuals here which are worse off than me, though of course this is not a place to compare but rather to include people and feel included! :)

anyway enough about me, nice to meet you all, and as I'm typing this half asleep I'm off to bed now so I get a little sleep in before work.

thanks, Jonny

keithwms
13-05-13, 18:01
Hi Jonny. Sounds like you're taking some good steps... You're in the right place and I'm happy to chat.

Annie0904
13-05-13, 18:18
Hi Jonny...welcome to NMP

Spot-the-frog
13-05-13, 18:32
Hi Jonny :welcome:

Vanilla Sky
13-05-13, 21:26
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Mark13
13-05-13, 23:12
Glad to have you with us Jonny.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.